UVB fixture help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisEE11

I am looking to install aUVB t8 light fixture inside bearded dragon tank (40 gallon). Does it need a reflector? Where and what is the best to buy? I have heard Walmart but can’t find one with a reflector. How does it attach inside tank? Do I attach at back of tank or in middle? I see more t5 fixtures to buy. Thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am looking to install aUVB t8 light fixture inside bearded dragon tank (40 gallon). Does it need a reflector? Where and what is the best to buy? I have heard Walmart but can’t find one with a reflector. How does it attach inside tank? Do I attach at back of tank or in middle? I see more t5 fixtures to buy. Thank you
T 5 is going to be better for your tank - depending on the screen will determine where the fixture goes --- T 8's MUST BE INSIDE the tank
Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood 24" fixture or a 30" both need the 22" Reptisun Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb keep it use it for a back up the distance and placement is different from the 10.0-- do not place it on the back wall - show me your screen and then decide where it needs to go

ChrisEE11

Original Poster
Thank you. So my mesh screen seems small so I was going to opt for inside tank, I recently lost a dragon so I am trying to make sure I change it for the better.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you. So my mesh screen seems small so I was going to opt for inside tank, I recently lost a dragon so I am trying to make sure I change it for the better.
I am sorry to hear about your other dragon
Fine mesh it needs to go inside the tank-- I have some stuff that works really good for hanging- if you need it let me know I will post the link - it comes from home Depot- w/ that being said distance needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom