Update on Dreks

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Well... We still haven't given Dreki any more antibiotics. She's been.. okay.? We give her critical care every other day (only because I'm not sure if it can be too much for them and how often she can have it) and it seems to make a difference.? It seems, when she has it, the next day or two, she's willing to eat a hornworm or two and even a few bites of salad. She even pooped a week ago. She hasn't had anything in a day or so, since she had a couple small hornworms BUT it seems all hope isnt lost. She still isn't showing sick symptoms. She's always been super submissive and docile and that hasn't changed, she's always looking around like something is going to swoop down and get her at any point. She still wants to cuddle and walks around when we get her out. She still is hiding a bit but if I put her in the light, she'll bask. We had her on the bed yesterday and instead of burrowing into my leg or the blankets, she climbed up my side and nuzzled into it, like I was a tree. She just sort of hung off my side, pressed against me like I was a personal tree trunk. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, it was so cute.

Attachments

• 20231020_210242.jpg
    20231020_210242.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231020_211016.jpg
    20231020_211016.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 39

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You sure she isn't wanting to brumate? I've got one down, and one napping. I think she may go diwn soon also.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
You sure she isn't wanting to brumate? I've got one down, and one napping. I think she may go diwn soon also.
I don't know, maybe.? She doesn't nap, but she does lay when she is hiding. Shes always walked kinda slow like she's paranoid and stuff but she may be trying to get ready to brumate. I thought they ate a ton before brumation.? My anxiety can't handle it if she brumates. 😩😩

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I don't know, maybe.? She doesn't nap, but she does lay when she is hiding. Shes always walked kinda slow like she's paranoid and stuff but she may be trying to get ready to brumate. I thought they ate a ton before brumation.? My anxiety can't handle it if she brumates. 😩😩
No they slow eating to a stop and empty out their systems

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
No they slow eating to a stop and empty out their systems
Ooohhhhhhh. Well, hell. I kind of hope she isn't. She's still pretty alert and stuff, she isn't actually napping or anything, she keeps her head up most of the time. She's gotten better and will, at least, be on the edge of her basking light a lot of the time so she isn't real cool all the time. UGHHHH I don't want her to brumate 😩😭

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It's natural for them though

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What is her weight and do you take her out every day or give her a chance to naturally sleep in her home ? If she wants to sleep but you don't let her it will cause stress and throw off her natural instincts. I know the thought of brumation scares some owners but it's no problem.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
What is her weight and do you take her out every day or give her a chance to naturally sleep in her home ? If she wants to sleep but you don't let her it will cause stress and throw off her natural instincts. I know the thought of brumation scares some owners but it's no problem.
She doesn't actually sleep, she just sits there and watches everything. I take her out at night, when everything has calmed down at home and stuff and she acts normally like she always has. I don't typically mess with her if she appears to be laying down, but I check on her a few times a day.

I just got her to eat a few pieces of grape a few minutes ago.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom