Unknown roach with my dubia order?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
I got a order of roaches and I noticed a big boy that looks like he has wings he sticks out from all the other roaches.

I didn't feed him to my beardies because I have no idea what type of roach he is I can try to get a pic if it helps identify him

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_150508_01.jpg
    IMG_20230608_150508_01.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 61

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yup its a male, it won't hurt to feed him. My guy Zen (the only one that likes dubias) won't hardly eat the males, i don't think he likes the wings.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yup its a male, it won't hurt to feed him. My guy Zen (the only one that likes dubias) won't hardly eat the males, i don't think he likes the wings.
Is he to big? My Chubbs is a great chewer so I gave her the bigger guys since she is heavier and bigger than Amber.

I'm just a tad uncomfortable and worry the big guys will get stuck and they will choke or get impacted

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen is well over 1000 grams, he is a very big boy. He is really good about chewing his food so i give him the huge hornworms that are to big for my other guys, and of course the dubias.

Attachments

• 20230529_092748.jpg
    20230529_092748.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230311_102049.jpg
    20230311_102049.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 64

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Zen is well over 1000 grams, he is a very big boy. He is really good about chewing his food so i give him the huge hornworms that are to big for my other guys, and of course the dubias.
Mine range from 550G-750G depending on the time of year

Also like the name Zen for a dragon and he's a behemoth too

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He lives up to his name, he is a gentle giant 🙂 and the most chill creature I've ever seen

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Thank you btw 🙂

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He lives up to his name, he is a gentle giant 🙂 and the most chill creature I've ever seen
That's my Chubbs to a T lol very chill but a voracious eater when it comes to food and doesn't know her limit.

Amber is the same but she knows when to stop eating

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I don't think most people (me included) realize how much personality or how loving a lizard can be till they have had them for a while. My guys surprise and amaze me all the time.
I'm lucky all mine are pretty good about only eating what the need. It makes it easy to leave food for them if i need to be gone overnight. I can leave enough to last the next day and know they have food if they are hungry.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I don't think most people (me included) realize how much personality or how loving a lizard can be till they have had them for a while. My guys surprise and amaze me all the time.
I'm lucky all mine are pretty good about only eating what the need. It makes it easy to leave food for them if i need to be gone overnight. I can leave enough to last the next day and know they have food if they are hungry.
Exactly! it's weird Chubbs will eat and eat but Amber knows her limit (plus Amber loves her greens).

I think it was probably the fact that my Chubbs is a rescue and had early onset of MBD. She wasn't taken care of properly so she (Chubbs) acts like she is being deprived of food. Once she realizes she doesn't need to eat like it's her last meal she will sometimes stop eating so much. But that's her personality and I only feed her bugs 1-2 times a week because I know she can eat greens but will play the waiting game with me 😅

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh they are very good at waiting us out lol. My two rescues kindda was that way when we 1st brought them home, but now they will stop when full, chubbs may ease up eventually to 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom