Two separate white parts in the poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbaragon

I know the white part in their poo is their pee, but there's usually just one chunk, right? Or, maybe I wasn't paying enough attention before... Anyway, I just happened to notice there were two separate chunks of white parts in my beardie's poo today. Does this happen sometimes? Is it normal? Or, could one of them possibly be an unfertilized egg?! My beardie is a 1-year-old female (has never been with another beardie).

Another thing I noticed that there was a lot of excess water with her poo today (the poo itself was pretty solid -- as solid as usual, I think). I bathe her for 20 min 2 - 3 times a week.

She looks and acts pretty healthy, though. I took her to a vet exactly 2 months ago for a regular check up (every 6 months), and the vet told me there was no problem. So, the only thing making me worried is the fact that there were two white parts in her poo today...

crickest

Juvie Member
I don't think there is anything to worry about. My Spark will poo white in a long thick chunk or sometimes he will intersperse it with the regular poo. Sometimes, he'll just leave urates, without the poo part. The extra water around the poo, as long as the poo is still well formed, just means the dragon is well hydrated.

Unless there is something about the size, shape or texture of the urates that makes you think its something else, it should be okay. If you're really worried and it happens again, post a picture. That would help the people here see exactly what the poo looks like.

nbaragon

Original Poster
Okay, great. This is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you so much for your help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom