Two of her nails got really short. Is that ok?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I just noticed two of her nails got really short. I noticed it only today. Yesterday she was digging a lot and laid eggs. Could her nails have gotten really short from that? I just noticed it now though. So I’m not sure if they were short all day or not. Is this too short now? I can get better pictures

Attachments

• B8DE4D6E-82A1-4EBC-8BAC-7ECA6973A979.jpeg
    B8DE4D6E-82A1-4EBC-8BAC-7ECA6973A979.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 32

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I just noticed two of her nails got really short. I noticed it only today. Yesterday she was digging a lot and laid eggs. Could her nails have gotten really short from that? I just noticed it now though. So I’m not sure if they were short all day or not. Is this too short now? I can get better pictures
As long as they don’t bleed/ cause her any pain they should be fine, at least I’m pretty sure.

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
As long as they don’t bleed/ cause her any pain they should be fine, at least I’m pretty sure.
Ok, I don’t see them bleeding. Her beard was dark at some points during the day. But I thought that was because I made her mad. she is eating and acting good. So hopefully that means she isn’t in pain. Thank you for your help!

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
If she keeps rubbing it, possibly. The quick is the black part in the nail, that is where the blood is stored. If it starts to bleed, dry it off and maybe give it a rinse to get the dirt out.
Ok, I’ll keep an eye on it. She shouldn’t be rubbing it as much because she is no longer digging. Is the bleeding something you think I need to notice urgently if it happens to happen? Or just something I need to stop when I see it?

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
Ok, I’ll keep an eye on it. She shouldn’t be rubbing it as much because she is no longer digging. Is the bleeding something you think I need to notice urgently if it happens to happen? Or just something I need to stop when I see it?
I wouldn’t say urgent, it happens a fair bit for some dragons. They can be a bit rough with themselves sometimes, a prime example is my boy Leo: he once scratched a gash across one of his toes somehow (I have no clue, only noticed it when it scarred over).

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I wouldn’t say urgent, it happens a fair bit for some dragons. They can be a bit rough with themselves sometimes, a prime example is my boy Leo: he once scratched a gash across one of his toes somehow (I have no clue, only noticed it when it scarred over).
Ok, thank you so much! I was afraid when quicks bleed out it can be bad really quickly. I’m going to put some stuff to stop the quicks from bleeding near her tank so if it happens to bleed, I can fix it quickly.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom