Topsoil for beardies?

Sushi

Original Poster
Hi,

I am unsure on this, there is a lot of information about using topsoil that got me confused. Can I use it as far as it doesn't have ferts, pesticides, vermiculite etc? Do I have to bake it or can I just put it straight in? My oven isn't really made for baking topsoil 😵‍💫

Thanks

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I prefer the reptile soil from a reptile store. If you read the ingredients on top soil, it either has cow manure or chicken manure in it, I'm not comfortable using either with my beardies. Especially the stuff with chicken manure, birds and reptiles are closely related and i don't want to chance some disease 😫.

Sushi

Original Poster
I prefer the reptile soil from a reptile store. If you read the ingredients on top soil, it either has cow manure or chicken manure in it, I'm not comfortable using either with my beardies. Especially the stuff with chicken manure, birds and reptiles are closely related and i don't want to chance some disease 😫.
Yeah fair enough about the diseases 😅
I will definitely check it over for those two mentioned. I do have a bit of money to spare, but I also need to get my laptop fixed and that'll be over £70 ish, and reptile store substrate is always crazy expensive.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom