Too hot?

Ginjasnapz

Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Hi all,

My beardie is about 19 months old. Lately, he is not basking as much as he used to. He will still bask after eating. Other times he will just lay next to his basking log that’s closer to the cool side or he will halfway hang on his basking log. The temp on his basking log is between 92-95. Is it possible that’s too hot for him and he’s not liking those temps as much as he used to? Thanks!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That's just a tad on the cool side, but if he hangs out where it's even cooler, it wouldn't hurt to back it down just a bit for a few days to see how he reacts

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi all,

My beardie is about 19 months old. Lately, he is not basking as much as he used to. He will still bask after eating. Other times he will just lay next to his basking log that’s closer to the cool side or he will halfway hang on his basking log. The temp on his basking log is between 92-95. Is it possible that’s too hot for him and he’s not liking those temps as much as he used to? Thanks!
How are you getting those surface basking temps? Digital probes are the best

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes a digital probe thermometer and we have a T5 10.0 uvb inside the tank.
Ok you can try lowering it but not too much -- he needs to be able to start digestion and that temp is what does it - watch the poops - undigested bugs and its too low - make sure the UVB is directly above him 12-15 inches

Ginjasnapz

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dexie
Ok you can try lowering it but not too much -- he needs to be able to start digestion and that temp is what does it - watch the poops - undigested bugs and its too low - make sure the UVB is directly above him 12-15 inches
He does bask after eating. Can I just leave his temps alone? We were just wondering why he was hanging out off on the side sometimes but maybe that’s just his mood.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
He does bask after eating. Can I just leave his temps alone? We were just wondering why he was hanging out off on the side sometimes but maybe that’s just his mood.
You can -- and yes he may just not be in the mood for the direct light / temps

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom