Thinking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiffykins

Juvie Member
I have been thinking..and decided I need to take my mind off ALL the crapola going on in my life right now! And think about the future and imagine it being wonderful, so though I can not get anything right now we are going to plan way way way in advance!

The new thinking going on now is what type of reptile should I get once everything is settled in my life. I keep thinking about burmation and I am really going to miss Wolfie if/when she decides to go under.

First thought of course is another beardie...but I really do not want to get another atleast not for another year or 2, Id would much rather be able to focus all my beardie attention on Wolfie. And second the new beardie would also eventually burmate so I would end up being back in the same spot again...

So I was thinking maybe a Crested Gecko, Leopard Gecko, some kind of turtle or tortoise, maybe some other kind of lizard Im not thinking of, or a snake of some sort. And then I thought maybe I want something furry instead.... we will just have to wait and see I guess.

Anyone have any suggestions?

So here are the requirements!

Needs to like being handled

Needs to have a personaltiy

Needs to fill my broken heart from Wolfie burmating and make me fall in love with it.

Needs to like cuddling, I am going to miss me and Wolfie's cuddling time..and I love cuddling with my animals.

Those are the only requirements I can think of at the moment, let me know what your opinions are!

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
Hmmm you can always get a kitten :) but if you want one that likes cuddling and everything, try getting a really young kitten. Of course a kitten that is able to live without its mother, but still fairly young.
I have a cat, who I got when he was JUST about 6 weeks old. He was very tiny, he could fit into one of my hands, but he could walk and play and eat wet food just as easily. I brought him everywhere with me, because I didn't want to leave him alone and I had no one to care for him while I was away. I let him sleep with me in my bed every night and overall just loved him like anyone would love a cute tiny kitten!
To this day he is the most cuddly cat I have ever had. He loves to come up and lay on my lap while I pet him and he is very friendly. Possibly because he had been around A LOT of new people who paid a lot of attention to him when he was kitten. Sure he has his "leave me alone" cat moments, but overall I love him to death, he has an awesome personality for a cat, sometimes I even think he might have been a dog in his past life because he sure acts like one sometimes lol! Like come on... how many cats do you know that you can take for walks down the street without a leash and will no go where?

His name is Prince :)
Him as a kitten
2hdv0qw.jpg

Him now (yes he is laying on a pizza box lol he LOVES boxes!)
349321l.jpg

If you don't want a cat, you can always get something like a Corn snake! They come in a lot of pretty morphs (colours), don't mind being handled and don't get very big. I have 4, and I love em all!
28wjfxu.jpg

Just my obviously biased opinion ;)

tiffykins

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lol thanks for your opinion!

I do already have a cat, captured him as a little feral thing when he was around 6-8 weeks old. He loves following me when I go for walks and even plays tag with my puppies!

I do have to get around to stealing him back from my parents once I have my life situated again.

Corn snakes were actually the snake I was thinking about for my snake option. What is it like to have one? Do they have personalitys of some kind or is just slither and eat?

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
I enjoy owning corn snakes. You would be surprised to know that each of my corn snakes have completely different personalities! I have one who is always roaming around her tank and always wanting to come out, the other 3 prefer hiding most of the time, they're more shy. But once they are out of their tanks, they are calm and enjoyable! They're also fairly easy to care for, which is an added bonus :) I love my corn snakes, I wouldn't trade them for anything!

tiffykins

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hmmm..I think I may have to seriously consider one. I love how they come in so many different colors!

Starforce2

Juvie Member
Well..I've heard conflicting info on this but emerald swift are supposedly handelable. However they are extremely fast, and just from the short time I view them at the petshop they seem to behave differently and are centainly fun to watch, they burrow and are brightly colored and good at climbing. So even if you must sacrifice the handeling bit, you'd have something fun to watch, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom