The scariest moment yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we'd just lost our Bowser! She's been sleeping for four days now, barely rousing when I pick her up, but today was Bath Day. My son had just lowered her into a nice, warm bath, which usually wakes her and gets her swimming a little (or at least floating happily), but this time, she put her head under the water and didn't even wake up! Alarmed, he moved her to the shallow end and raised her head, but she lowered her head even farther under the water and then started to shake! From the living room, I heard him shout for me, and he ran for me with her in his hands at the same time as I ran for the bathroom. He had Bowser in his hands and she was shaking and twitching! :shock: I took her and tried to hold her still, but she wasn't breathing, so I put my mouth over her snout and blew into her nose gently. It worked! She took a big breath and the shaking slowed down. My son brought me a towel and we wrapped Bowser up and I held her close. The twitching stopped completely after a few seconds, but she still laid there with her eyes closed (but breathing!) Now the dratted little dragon is laying on my chest under a towel just looking at me like "you should have left me alone in the first place!" But at least she's awake...maybe she'll eat some crix in a bit. That was really scary. :(

Has anyone else ever had to give Beardie CPR?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Oh how very very scarey!
I shuddered when I read it thinking of what Id do if it were me.

Silly Bowser was probably in a deep sleep and was disorientated thinking he was pushing his nose deeper into his warm viv not under warm water and took a deep breath of water.
Thank goodness for your beardie cpr. Your sleepy little monster owes you his life.

Holly

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, what a scarey afternoon you and your son had. It could be possible that Bowser wasn't really awake and just wanted to go back to sleep, therefore lowering her head even more after your son tried to keep her above water.

Thank goodness you were able to perform beardie CPR on Bowser and she started breathing again.
How is she doing now?

morninggrl

Original Poster
She's actually doing really well now. Afterward she sat on the computer desk and looked at pix of other beardies on this site...no real reaction other than cocking her head back and forth a little, except at one point she raised herself up and back a little when one of the pix was really large. But she seems to have recovered completely from her experience. I think from now on we're going to have to rouse her up a little better before we put her in the tub! :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete5775
Top Bottom