The Chilean Taco

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
A big "Holá" from another continent ;)

Since August I'm the proud human of my bearded dragon Taco.
We're here in Chile (I'm originally from Germany, lived in the US for some years).
Before getting Taco, I was reading a lot here and found it very helpful :)

Taco comes from a local breeder (I looked into adopting but there were no reptiles available). He lives in a 48" x 32" x 28" full glass enclosure which I had custom-made by a glass company and for which I made a screen-top lid; the enclosures recommended here in the forum are impossible to get in Chile.
Taco's weight is currently 350 g; for the length, I would have to check.

According to what I can say, Taco lives a great, healthy life, also thanks to what I've read online before getting him regarding light, food/feeders, calcium... and all the stuff without making any "buying mistakes" like a too small enclosure or coil lamps.
There are no problems, Taco is doing great. I just registered as I might be able to help out from time to time, e.g. with ideas about enclosures and the setup, and I just find this forum being a very helpful resource.

I will post photos later.

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
A big "Holá" from another continent ;)

Since August I'm the proud human of my bearded dragon Taco.
We're here in Chile (I'm originally from Germany).
Before getting Taco, I was reading a lot here and found it very helpful :)

Taco comes from a local breeder (I looked into adopting but there were no reptiles available). He lives in a 48" x 32" x 28" full glass enclosure which I had custom-made by a glass company and for which I made a screen-top lid; the enclosures recommended here in the forum are impossible to get in Chile.
Taco's weight is currently 350 g; for the length, I would have to check.

According to what I can say, Taco lives a great, healthy life, also thanks to what I've read online before getting him regarding light, food/feeders, calcium... and all the stuff without making any "buying mistakes" like a too small enclosure or coil lamps.
There are no problems, Taco is doing great. I just registered as I might be able to help out from time to time, e.g. with ideas about enclosures and the setup, and I just find this forum being a very helpful resource.

I will post photos later.
Welcome to you and Taco. We love pics!!!
Feel free to ask about anything, or jump in with advice when ya can 🙂

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
A very warm welcome, oder Willkommen, nachdem du auch aus Deutschland kommst ;)

Looking forward to those pictures...

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Danke für die nette Begrüßung ;)
Thank you for the nice welcome :)

Thank you :)

No questions right now, everything is just perfectly fine plus I've read a lot.

Now I uploaded some photos.

Here is just a comparison on how he looked when I got him end of August last year vs. now. That's the same enclosure, same branch etc.!
I'm also by some extent surprised how well he's now matching the color and structure of the climbing background. I know that beardies can change their color, but I was extremely surprised how much he looks like the ochre and mauve of the background now. Really, if I take off my glasses, he would count as "invisible" to me sitting up there.

I now post a bit more on the setup under "Enclosures".

Attachments

• tiny_large_taco_smallerimage.jpg
    tiny_large_taco_smallerimage.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 20

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Danke für die nette Begrüßung ;)
Thank you for the nice welcome :)

Thank you :)

No questions right now, everything is just perfectly fine plus I've read a lot.

Now I uploaded some photos.

Here is just a comparison on how he looked when I got him end of August last year vs. now. That's the same enclosure, same branch etc.!
I'm also by some extent surprised how well he's now matching the color and structure of the climbing background. I know that beardies can change their color, but I was extremely surprised how much he looks like the ochre and mauve of the background now. Really, if I take off my glasses, he would count as "invisible" to me sitting up there.

I now post a bit more on the setup under "Enclosures".
They grow fast for sure 👍

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom