Temp gun or digital with probe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I know this is a highly discussed topic but just curious on your thoughts. I use both temp guns and digitals with probe and normally they are both pretty close to each other readings wise maybe 2-5 degrees difference. There’s debate on temp guns being off if proper emissivity is not set and I always read posts where people have drastically different readings with probes vs temp guns? Mine have always been pretty close but what are your opinions on which one to use for the most accurate readings? I know different surfaces store more heat than others so you can use the exact same light from same distance and get different readings with a temp gun but with the probe it’s always the same or pretty close so does the probe measure air temperature while the gun measures surface temperature or do probes measure surface temperatures as well? Sorry I’m just always curious and love to learn from others. Thank you

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Digital with probe ends work all the time.
IR guns work if the surface they are measuring are within it's settings.

No simpler way to put it.

If you want to use an IR gun, I'd first use a digital with probe on the spots to compare it's reading to your IR guns. If they agree, then you know you can safely use your IR gun on those surface and expect an accurate reading.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom