Sunken Scales

Hello, I have a 2 and a half year old male bearded dragon (Aussie) that I’ve recently seen a change in. The scales on the top and side of his head have started sinking in (see picture below). It looks as though the pointy part of the scale has been pushed in, creating a crater-like scale. This has been happening slowly, but it’s gotten to the point where I can definitively say that it was not like this before, back when I got him a year ago. I haven’t changed anything with the way that I care for him or feed him, so I don’t understand why this would be happening. If anyone knows what is going on and how to prevent further scale sinking, I would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you!
4E74D0F2-BAFC-4A46-83FE-5734348BA93E.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I have a 2 and a half year old male bearded dragon (Aussie) that I’ve recently seen a change in. The scales on the top and side of his head have started sinking in (see picture below). It looks as though the pointy part of the scale has been pushed in, creating a crater-like scale. This has been happening slowly, but it’s gotten to the point where I can definitively say that it was not like this before, back when I got him a year ago. I haven’t changed anything with the way that I care for him or feed him, so I don’t understand why this would be happening. If anyone knows what is going on and how to prevent further scale sinking, I would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you!
View attachment 68306
@Drache613
@AHBD

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom