Successful Salad Beardie Recipe & A Couple Of Useful Hints

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
I try different taste and such with my beardie to see what she likes the best. And I found a salad recipe I came up with and she has been back to her bowl about 4 times within a hour.... I went to the market place and I purchased some Water Crest ( Green Leaves With A Pepperish Taste).. , Then I got some Snow Pea vines And Blooms ( The most nutrious part of the snow pea), Then mustard greens, alfalfa sprouts, and sweet sanp peas.. I cut all that in small pieces and mixed it all together and she seems to love it.. She has eaten more of this mix more than any other mix I offered her.. Oh almost forgot I sprinkled some calcium powerder and vitamin powder in the mix also.... So it gives her the salad peppery flavor that bearded dragons like so much plus a sweet taste mixed with it... I wish I had came up with this sooner.. :D
Oh yeah if you are having problems with your beardie getting enough water so it won't get dehydrated..
I had that problem and I offered her watermelon, not really nutritional much but it is a great water
supplement... Plus beardie's like the color red... :D

Another trick I have used also.. Is if you feel like your beardie isn't having bowel movements. Every two days is fill a tub up with warm water where it has no choice than to swim. About a few seconds after you put the beardie in the water it will have a bowel movement... I did this evertime I thought my beadie was going to long without a bowel movement and the vet said that is a great solution. Even helps the beardie to shed better and to absorb the water also... It might sound silly but would you rather do that or have your beardie die of impaction?

Another cheap trick is: You know them netted laundry bags you can pick up for a $1 and dollor tree? Or even asports ball bag(netted). You seen them beardie hammacks at the pet store they are exspensive for what they are. I made my own, I figured out how big I wanted it and cut a triangle out of the netted laundry bag, I doubled it for durability.. Then I got these suction cup hook for a $1, I lined the side of the triangle with ducktape punched 1 hole on each corner and suction cupped it to the glass or you can even get the self stick hooks for wood or metal cage. So with 2$ I made 2 extra large hamocks one for each side. Plus have more left over if I need to remake one and they are quick hand washable beats the 7-10$ ones you buy at the pet store.

Ok I will shut up now hope you find these tips helpful for you and your beardie and your wallet. lol. :D

Raja's mommy....

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Bachoy is another favorite.... But the only fruit I was really successful with is watermelon... Now she is about 5 months and almost 16 1/2 to 17 inches long..

Raja's Mommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom