stubborn eater

Status
Not open for further replies.

plr

Please help! I'm in desperate need of ideas! Our 1 yr old beardie was treated for parasites a couple of months ago- he quit eating- so we started him on the baby food slurry. It's been 2 months- he has a clean fecal- seems perfectly well- but will ONLY eat baby food from a syringe. He starts licking his lips when he sees the baby food, and happily laps it up. I can sneak in a piece of veggie now and then, but as soon as he realizes it, he walks away. He'll lick his supers, and walks away. I put baby food in a dish, and he just walks through it. I tried baby food on the worms, it was a no go... He hasn't lost weight, has normal, but smaller, stools and basks a good portion of the day. He's active, alert, etc. But the hand feeding baby food is getting old. I tried to just let him go a day and a half or so without eating, but instead of being interested in the salad or worms, he went in is hidey spot and went to sleep. I gave him the baby food again and he perked right up. OK- I know I spoiled him - but how can I fix it??

dawnki

Juvie Member
You've become the common 'beardie-slave'.......

My beardie won't eat crickets of roaches now unless I hand feed him.

plr

Original Poster
I guess I am a beardie slave...I just worry if I ever go on vacation or something...and he's my son's lizard! He feeds him too, but I think I am the number one slave to him! Is there anything I can try to get him to eat on his own??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom