Stress or something else.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
As you all know, we took our four lizards with us from woodstock ga to Savannah (it was about a 5 1/2 to 6 hour drive) we have Nova and Toothless in separate storage totes with a heat emitter or small heat bulb and a mercury vapor bulb. And the babies are split in a 40 gal with their lights as per usual. Well, they've all been freaked out since we got here. They cling, or run and try to hide, or they're streaked and black bearded/generally dark. On top of that, they won't eat. Nova will usually eat a couple super worms but I can't get the babies to eat more than a single dubia or two. But they'll eat all of their salads, even toothless and Nova eat most of their salads.

Is it normal that they're this freaked and it's affecting their eating.? Like is it normal for them to be too scared to eat.? They did well in the car, aside from being a little freaked. We haven't brought them anywhere while being here, because we don't want to add to the stress but it stresses me.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As you all know, we took our four lizards with us from woodstock ga to Savannah (it was about a 5 1/2 to 6 hour drive) we have Nova and Toothless in separate storage totes with a heat emitter or small heat bulb and a mercury vapor bulb. And the babies are split in a 40 gal with their lights as per usual. Well, they've all been freaked out since we got here. They cling, or run and try to hide, or they're streaked and black bearded/generally dark. On top of that, they won't eat. Nova will usually eat a couple super worms but I can't get the babies to eat more than a single dubia or two. But they'll eat all of their salads, even toothless and Nova eat most of their salads.

Is it normal that they're this freaked and it's affecting their eating.? Like is it normal for them to be too scared to eat.? They did well in the car, aside from being a little freaked. We haven't brought them anywhere while being here, because we don't want to add to the stress but it stresses me.
They are going thru relocation stress -- was this a permanent move? Its good they are eating --- do not take them anywhere out of the tanks -- you will just stress them out more

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yup that's normal. They will probably be sketchy for a few day after each drive

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
They are going thru relocation stress -- was this a permanent move? Its good they are eating --- do not take them anywhere out of the tanks -- you will just stress them out more
No, just a vacation. We didn't have anyone to watch them properly so we had to bring them with us. I've been trying to give them plenty of cuddle time during the day and at night and Nova seems okay-ish, just a little dark and wide eyes. Nubby worries me the most because he won't eat. We're leaving tomorrow morning and will be home by tomorrow afternoon.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yup that's normal. They will probably be sketchy for a few day after each drive
Nubby is stressing me the most because he just won't eat and acts like he's so depressed or something. He just lays all day and when I get him, he clings desperately and tries to climb into my hair to hide.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Nubby is stressing me the most because he just won't eat and acts like he's so depressed or something. He just lays all day and when I get him, he clings desperately and tries to climb into my hair to hide.
He sounds stressed

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Your his safety net 🙂

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Your his safety net 🙂
It's so sad but so cute. Chris wears his hat backward so when he got Nubby, he immediately crawled up his neck to nuzzle his face under the brim of his hat, flat as possible against his neck. It makes me feel so bad 😅😅

Attachments

• 20230712_182139.jpg
    20230712_182139.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 58

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Update, I figured a way to get them to eat. Oddly enough, if I drop the roaches in one at a time, the babies would go after them. 😂😂 they had to have been starving, Nubby ate a ton.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It's so sad but so cute. Chris wears his hat backward so when he got Nubby, he immediately crawled up his neck to nuzzle his face under the brim of his hat, flat as possible against his neck. It makes me feel so bad 😅😅
Thats just precious!!!!

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Thats just precious!!!!
He's starting to act like a little man, with head bobbing at the girls and puffing up and tail flicking when he sees Toothless but at the end of the day, he is the *biggest* baby I've ever seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom