Sticky on why not to house dragons together

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
It seems I keep seeing more and more posting on people asking if they can keep bearded dragons together,

I was just wondering if we could make a sticky about why it should not be done, what could happen and so forth..

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I'd rather not make that a sticky. The site as a whole does not state that people must do it one way or the other. And quite honestly, a sticky doesn't help all that much. People still don't pay attention to that, and will often just go to ask questions without reading first. In general, I do not like stickies, though. Anything that is permanent information like that should be an article. I try to keep stickies as being temporary things mostly.

I personally had my females housed together for the entirety of their lives. Only rarely was their aggression (mostly when they were 2-3 years old), and even then it was quite mild. I do not recommend males being together, personally, because they tend to be much more aggressive and territorial. Females CAN be an issue, but often has to be observed. It also can depend on the size of the enclosure the beardies are given.

So, I don't want there to be a single opinion pushed out on this topic as an "official" view of the site. It's important that people understand the risks, and make their own choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom