So Rocky went shopping...

I put the leash on Rocky before went out. He kept it on for 2 seconds BUT his arms remained so I KNEW it was going to be a good day.
20230507_094737.jpg
so we I strap him backup and we head out. I get out of the driveway and realize it's not going to work. I how do I know?
20230507_094842.jpg
But I still think positive and say,"Rocky is well behaved, we can do this." Besides, I didn't want to go back in the house to get the carrier. Note to self, leave it in the car. We head out. I put a blanket it down and pull off. Rocky decides he wants to get off of the blanket. This is NOOOOOOOOOT going to be good.
I said, "C'mon, we gotta do this for the bd-family, don't give up!"
So we make it to the store and before we enter, I am on the phone and this older guy stops me. His wife yells, "I don't like reptiles." I said, "He's not too fond of you..." then her husband proceeds to ask if he can pet Rocky. I agreed. Rocky is actually okay - he is on my shoulder....I didn't realize that I was wearing the leash but hold that thought.
I ask my friend to hold on...the man is telling me that his son had an iguana, he is asking about Rocky- he jumps into how the iguana died and the tail pop up from the dirt. I'm like WHAT?! What he brumating?? He said no Riga Mortis set in- my goodness, I had to get away- I know Rocky understands and is freaked out (but playing it cool). I then told my friend I would call back. He's like, "Rocky is so good, so calm." -keep this in mind as well. He apologized for holding me up and I enter the store. 2 minutes later, I run into him at the end of the aisle. He asks his wife, "Do you want to see?" She's yelling, "NOOOOOOOOOO!" I said, "You can pet him." The man is asking, "He eats bugs right....and greens." He then asked me if I was aware of iguanas and if I went out of the country because they are all over and lizards fall out of trees. It was going to be a longgggggggggggg day.
I wanted to say, "Dude, that happens some places here too but I wanted to go!" He was sweet but I was just getting started!

Rocky and I walk away and Rocky heads for my back. I tug at the leash and realize it's not attached to anything but me and I am glad because I would've lost it. Rocky said, "no thanks" to the leash - ugh!

Fast forward to the second store-
We are outside looking around and this guy in a construction vehicle says, "wowwwwwwwwwww- taking your bearded dragon for a walk? I have 2 Uromastyxs. I said oh and I started sharing their longer lifespan and dropping some knowledge like YEAH, I am knowledgeable about reptiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go ME!! He face lit up! Proud reptile parent here! He then asked for Rocky's name. He didnt ask to pet him as he would have to get out of the machine but instead he was going to yell down at us (shakes head). He then continued about how well behaved Rocky was.

So I am confused. I thought all beardies just sit on shoulders. I mean, we know Rocky is good and has been good in public. We also know he is a terror behind closed doors.

I kept Rocky out until 7pm but didnt realize it because it's so bright out but it made sense that he wouldnt sit still on the ride home. He wanted to go under the seat (where it was dark) - My neck has scratches because Rocky indicated that he wanted to go home but I had 1 more store to visit. LOL
When we got home, he crashed right away. Rocky went to the enclosure without any hesitation at all.

Lesson learned, like a baby carriage, never leave home without your carrier. I really just wanted him to absorb the sun.
By the way he didn't miss any opportunity to look up at it every time we left the vehicle. Rocky always makes me nervous because when he hears birds, he makes sure he's seen like "I DARE YOU"- Rocky knows that I am his protector but geez...do we have to summons nature?

Oh, in one store- I put him in the cart but it had holes- he looked through the holes. I dont think he was dizzy but he surely made motions like he had to poop. I decided it was best to exit!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Life is definitely an adventure with a beardie!!!!! Even people that are afraid of them are fascinated with them, it takes me FOREVER to run errands when i take any of mine lol.
But honestly i enjoy it as much as the beardies do lol. I bet Rocky eats the attention up 😀

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Life is definitely an adventure with a beardie!!!!! Even people that are afraid of them are fascinated with them, it takes me FOREVER to run errands when i take any of mine lol.
But honestly i enjoy it as much as the beardies do lol. I bet Rocky eats the attention up 😀
He has NEVER given the stink eye...thank goodness:love:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom