Sleep Schedule

ZeroTheDragon

Beardie name(s)
Zero
Hello! Myself and my partner are new bearded dragon parents, we got our first beardie (Zero) last Saturday and was told he is about four months old. I was wondering if turning his lights on at 5:25am or 5:30am ish and then feeding him at 7:25am or 7:30am ish is an okay thing to do. While turning his lights off at like 7:30pm 8:00pm ish. The reason I ask is because I have been reading so much information on when they should wake up and then feeding him two hours after his lights have been turned on. Currently, his lights go on at 7am and then I am feeding him by 9am. The only thing is I go back to work in about two weeks since summer break will then be over. Any advice is appreciated!:)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello! Myself and my partner are new bearded dragon parents, we got our first beardie (Zero) last Saturday and was told he is about four months old. I was wondering if turning his lights on at 5:25am or 5:30am ish and then feeding him at 7:25am or 7:30am ish is an okay thing to do. While turning his lights off at like 7:30pm 8:00pm ish. The reason I ask is because I have been reading so much information on when they should wake up and then feeding him two hours after his lights have been turned on. Currently, his lights go on at 7am and then I am feeding him by 9am. The only thing is I go back to work in about two weeks since summer break will then be over. Any advice is appreciated!:)
Photo period should be 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off - so what ever your schedule is and the feeding should be at least 2 hrs or so for lights on so he has time to warm up

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It also depends on how cool your house is. I keep my beardies in the mid to upper 70's overnight. My lights come on at 6am and im feeding by 6:15 am. All my guys but 1 will haul their rumps right into the basking after they eat. The other i have to put there. (She is sweet as pie but not very bright, she was neglected severely before i got her and it messed her up)

ZeroTheDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zero
It also depends on how cool your house is. I keep my beardies in the mid to upper 70's overnight. My lights come on at 6am and im feeding by 6:15 am. All my guys but 1 will haul their rumps right into the basking after they eat. The other i have to put there. (She is sweet as pie but not very bright, she was neglected severely before i got her and it messed her up)
Aww the poor baby! Yeah our little guy is not the brightest with the crickets lol Our house is relatively hot, especially since its summer. Last night his cool side peaked at around 87 by 2am and the average was 84. So the house is on the warmer side, I am working on cooling down his tank. I bought a little CPU fan to put on the screen to suck the warm air out, hopefully that works. We cant run the air at night because it is a window unit and it is downstairs so its unsafe lol.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
At the low 80's you can start feeding pretty quickly after lights on.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom