skin over eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 10 month old bearded dragon, Midnight, has not eaten, is lethargic and has skin over her eyes. She's been like this for weeks. I got her another warming pad thinking she was cold, and this has not helped. I soak her almost daily, and again, no results. I also got her a better uvb light, and still nothing. She appears to be growing, but there is definately something wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
If you make a photobucket account you can upload your picture from the computer and then insert the IMG address here

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
I've seen dragons with MBD keep their eyes shut. Do you give calcium supplements and what kind of UVB bulb are you using now? What kind were you using before- some bulbs can actually cause sunburn to their eyes.
To encourage eating, you can try handfeeding baby food or wax worms.
If it's just a bad shed, the skin should be crackly, moist, or discolored depending on how long ago the last shed was. It sounds like something more serious. A picture would help or further information on your husbandry. At the top of the health forum there is a topic called "important questions regarding bearded dragon care". Filling that out would help us help you better.
Best wishes for your little dragon to get better.

vanwingerden

Original Poster
It appears like she is keeping her eyes closed, however, there have been times when I think she should have opened them, and the eyes did not open. Looking at my husbandry, I definately need to warm up her home. I've added a second UVB light (florescent tube) and will buy a basking light today. Many thanks to the many replies and suggestions, and please keep them coming!

vanwingerden

Original Poster
Both my lights are Zoo med. One is a circular bulb inside a circular dome. The other is a flourescent tube bulb. I'm afraid my Dragon may never come out of this slump. I may have waited too long to get help.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
You haven taken it to the vet? im not sure if any of us can help you if he has skin over his eyes. Call around to the vet places near you and ask if they do reptiles.

I think your dragon can recover. what are the temps in your tank? do you have a bulb that is putting out heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom