Silkworm cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnki

Juvie Member
Well, I made the full cycle----my eggs are hatching! Most of the moths have completed their cycle and have died. Starting all over again but this time with mulberry chow instead of the real deal. Wonder how it will go.

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob8: :blob5:

invictusrules

Juvie Member
Congrats on hatching new eggs!! You're a pro, now! :blob5:

Don't let the hatchlings get a taste of the real thing first. If they do, they won't make the switch. I don't blame them - who wants to settle for the fake stuff after tasting the good stuff?

dawnki

Juvie Member
Original Poster
invictusrules":6a028 said:
Congrats on hatching new eggs!! You're a pro, now! :blob5:

Don't let the hatchlings get a taste of the real thing first. If they do, they won't make the switch. I don't blame them - who wants to settle for the fake stuff after tasting the good stuff?

Thank you!

A pro?? More like I just got lucky. :mrgreen: Nope no leaves for these guys---it's all chow.

I think I might be a little overwhelmed though-----I have like 10+ petri dishes full of eggs. Good gawd!

invictusrules

Juvie Member
HAHAHAHA! They'll be taking over your house! Who would've thought that a hundred eggs could hatch into a bazillion crawlers! :shock:

Can you refrigerate some of the eggs?

dawnki

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well, I inquired about the refrigeration of some of the eggs-------Mulberry told me that there is a certain strain that can go through this----if the eggs didn't hatch within two weeks then I could put them in the fridge --that would mean they needed to be cooled for a minimum of 3 months---BUT they are hatching now.

Does that make ANY sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom