She's not herself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxattack

Juvie Member
Since about the second week we've had her, Buttercup has always eaten normally, slept well, and had a nice white belly. Well, since about late last week, she has not eaten, sleeps a lot and she has stripes on her belly. When I got her out of her baby blanket this morning, she was completely dark and had very dark marks on her belly. They faded almost as soon as I picked her up, but I'm still worried.

Info about her environment:

Viv - 48x24x18
Lights - Reptisun 10.0 & 75 watt basking light
Food - Collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, shredded sweet potato, yellow squash, zucchini, strawberries, raspberries, mango, grapes(peeled & seeded) & phoenix worms, turkistan roaches, (mealworms, waxworms - treats). Veggies & feeders daily, 2x per day, as many feeders as she will eat in 15 minutes.
Potty - Daily in her bath (15 min soak)
Supplements - Reptivite Calcium with Vit D (5x/week) Reptivite Multivitamin (4x/week)
Temps - With digital probe - 78 degrees cool side - 107 degrees basking spot. 68 degrees in the morning before her lights go on.
Stats - 12 inches long, almost 5 months old, finished shedding 3 days ago.
Hide - cave with Blankie underneath
When it's warm, she and I sit outside for at least 30 minutes everyday. Yesterday for an hour and a half, hoping to stimulate her appetite. No luck.
Socialization - she's sitting on my shoulder right now and we do the beardie burrito every night for a couple hours before I go to bed, she loves eskimo kisses.

Is this normal....am I being overprotective...should I take her to the vet? Is there something I should tweek in her house?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Have you read the article on brumation? Maybe she is showing signs of it.
I really can't think of anything else, since you are doing such a good job with her. :)

maxattack

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LJean":4f152 said:
Have you read the article on brumation? Maybe she is showing signs of it.
I really can't think of anything else, since you are doing such a good job with her. :)

I did read it, but she's only 5 months old?!!!! I didn't see where she should have stress marks either. I'm baffled....

LJean

Extreme Poster
Calypso is a bit over 4 months old and seems to be sleeping/hiding more too. Everything is the same in her viv as it has been. The weather change is all I can think of.

I hope your dragon is just slowing down a bit because of the season.

maxattack

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LJean":4abff said:
Calypso is a bit over 4 months old and seems to be sleeping/hiding more too. Everything is the same in her viv as it has been. The weather change is all I can think of.

I hope your dragon is just slowing down a bit because of the season.

Me too. I hope your right. I'm probably just being overprotective.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I know I will worry between now and spring, LOL

Maybe someone else has some ideas. I'm sure they will respond when seeing the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom