Scooter’s Welcome

Undrcoverglitch

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Olive
Great job ! Looks like Scooter has a good home finally. One little suggestion is to hold back on heavy feedings to avoid the chance of him over eating and even vomiting. It probably won't happen but it's good to keep in mind.
Okay! He had 5ish silkworms that I dusted in calcium and multivitamin when I got him home. Then refused the rest. He also snacked on one or two pieces of collard green today. Been basking and sitting in UVB all day and explored his new setup a tiny bit. He’s obsessed with his log :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 71

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Scooter we welcome you with love and are happy you are in good hands now.
Thanks for saving Scooter

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
This is my new bearded dragon Scooter who turned more into a rescue than a rehoming. He’s 2.5 years old!

Scooter’s owner wasn’t super knowledgeable about this species… he had been giving him calcium powder but no multivitamin. Also no greens from what it looked like. He’s also been on a coil uvb his entire life… unfortunately the coil was too far away for scooter to reach.

When I got there, he looked different from Olive. I thought it was a male vs. Female thing at first before remembering the symptoms of MBD. His bottom lip juts out and the tip of his tongue is in a perpetual blep. Something was off to me about the way he sat too. He reaches his back legs up toward his front ones a lot. I also commented about his ‘sausage fingers’.

We’re off to the vet on Monday but I did a few things right away!
1.) clipped his nails for the first time in 2.5 years. He did so well and let me dremel them too!
2.) A bath. He sat and took long drinks and then pooped dry feces with no urate. No wonder he was thirsty.
3.) Fed him a small package of silkworms doused in calcium and multivitamins. Gave him however many he wanted despite that i think he’s a tad overweight (his tail looks a bit like a gecko’s)
4.) Gave him Olive’s lights since Tuesday the pet store was closed.

Also his basking light went out an hour before I picked him up :,)

He’s gorgeous and such a sweet heart… My goal is not for him to just simply live, but thrive.

Welcome home, Scoot scoot.
Very cute rescue.
I have brain damage from medications; & the spiral bulb didn't hurt him too bad it looks like.
Get him on some good light & he'd do fine.
Get him on a better diet as well.

That's what I'm doing with my body.

He'll be fine.
There's something wrong on this earth lately & as long as your rescue is happy, I'm happy ;)
Do you know who abandoned him.?

Welcome home Scooter.!

Undrcoverglitch

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Olive
Very cute rescue.
I have brain damage from medications; & the spiral bulb didn't hurt him too bad it looks like.
Get him on some good light & he'd do fine.
Get him on a better diet as well.

That's what I'm doing with my body.

He'll be fine.
There's something wrong on this earth lately & as long as your rescue is happy, I'm happy ;)
Do you know who abandoned him.?

Welcome home Scooter.!
My coworker’s brother said he didn’t have enough time for him anymore… but the plan is for salads every day but an added dusted calcium/vitamin dusted cockroach/silkworm feast on Mon/Wed/Fri. Last time he only ate one cockroach and one silkworm so I think he’s pacing himself. But the vet might tell me to start feeding differently tomorrow.

Undrcoverglitch

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Olive
Update on Scooter !!

He is actually a She. Scoots and I talked about it very long and hard. The new name she’s going by is Skedora or Skee-Skee!

Now onto the news with the vet….

The doctor said that Skedora’s skeleton seems firm and that she has motor function in every joint. So the MBD has stopped progressing. When she developed MBD, it must have been at a young age. Then when growing she was hardy enough to endure it.

One of her eyes is bigger than the other Ouo

I was given suggestion to check organ function so she gave up some blood. We’ll know in 5ish weeks, unfortunately, the sample has to be sent out of state.

Otherwise, the vet said that my husbandry checks out and to continue doing what I’m doing. Just incase anyone wanted a good weekly chart of what I do for both babes;

each week the menu of veggies differs but they get unlimited access to various combinations of; zucchini, bell pepper, carrot, broccoli, sweet potato. Then each week I pick up either Kale, Mustard green, turnip green, or collard and they get some sliced up and mixed in with the rest

Monday Tuesday Wednesday
are important because that’s our silkworm/cockroach days. I put 3 silkworms into the ziplock with fluker’s calcium and multivitamins. Then they get 2-3 cockroaches. I still give them the food, because I throw left over foods in with the cockroaches to gutload them too : )

Every other day is just salad. And we only do soaks sparingly now. Skedora likes them more than Olive and hey, that’s alright. Olive only really needs them when shedding!

Anyways. Today has been a long day so everyone’s basking away after we did protein dinner <3

Toodaloo, till next time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 58

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom