Safe method for removing fecal matter/sterilizing afterwards

Starlily

Beardie name(s)
Lily & Percy
Hopefully I've put this in the right place.

I bought a bottle of F10, thinking I'd use it to make wipes for easy removal of day-to-day fecal matter. My hope was that wipes would effectively remove poop and also sterilize the area, without disturbing her much. Some research online lead me to believe F10 it was the perfect solution for this.

The warnings on the bottle are kind of alarming however...

If diluted correctly, is this method going to be safe to use with the dragon IN the enclosure?

To make myself clear, I'm not talking about spraying down the enclosure with the dragon inside. I'm only referring to having the sanitizer solution on a wipe - it would, however, likely some F10 residue behind. Is THAT ok and safe for her if she's inside?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hopefully I've put this in the right place.

I bought a bottle of F10, thinking I'd use it to make wipes for easy removal of day-to-day fecal matter. My hope was that wipes would effectively remove poop and also sterilize the area, without disturbing her much. Some research online lead me to believe F10 it was the perfect solution for this.

The warnings on the bottle are kind of alarming however...

If diluted correctly, is this method going to be safe to use with the dragon IN the enclosure?

To make myself clear, I'm not talking about spraying down the enclosure with the dragon inside. I'm only referring to having the sanitizer solution on a wipe - it would, however, likely some F10 residue behind. Is THAT ok and safe for her if she's inside?
I have done it and not had a problem since Hiccup came back w/ a low count of parasites last test I have been using where he goes to the bathroom - there is no smell that I can smell - but for general cleaning I use vinegar/ water 50/50 - you can take some clean water and wipe down after that - I think most dragons leave the area after going to the bathroom - usually mine are on the opposite end of the tank LOL

Starlily

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lily & Percy
@KarrieRee Yes! She typically just poops and goes right back to basking! I've not seen her camping out by her poop yet, but I do fully anticipate her painting the walls with it at some point as I've heard they tend to do!

Anyhow, my only concern was if this stuff was dangerous to inhale as the enclosure is a closed off space! Although there is ventilation, it's not the same as being in a wide-open space.

I'm using vinegar right now actually 50/50 - but the smell isn't much fun. I was hoping this would be a good replacement and offer greater peace of mind.

Thank you for your time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
@KarrieRee Yes! She typically just poops and goes right back to basking! I've not seen her camping out by her poop yet, but I do fully anticipate her painting the walls with it at some point as I've heard they tend to do!

Anyhow, my only concern was if this stuff was dangerous to inhale as the enclosure is a closed off space! Although there is ventilation, it's not the same as being in a wide-open space.

I'm using vinegar right now actually 50/50 - but the smell isn't much fun. I was hoping this would be a good replacement and offer greater peace of mind.

Thank you for your time.
I have not had any problems but you dont want him / her running thru the cleaner for sure- you can take some clean water and spray after you clean up w/ the F10 and that will take away any residue - wait like 5-10 min for it to sanitize - my dragons poop on one side of the tank cool side then move to the hot side of the tank

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I use paper towel right behind the wipes and a damp clothe right behind the paper towel. As a treat on the very rare occasion my male does come to investigate what im doing he trys to swim on the damp area i used the wet towel on lol. That as close as he ever wants to get to standing water lol.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom