Rocky is not afraid of dogs...

but he didnt like the dog next to me. He stressed himself out, his beard turned black but nothing made the dog go away. Rocky wanted that dog away from my foot!
The dog didn't even see Rocky and he always sits by my foot when I visit my friend but Rocky said NO!
I moved Rocky away- he came back and basically stretched his neck out to keep his eye on the dog.
I put Rocky in his carrier across the room- I left it open so he could see me. Rocky came out to the flap and watched...he was not in a vulnerable state where the dog could attack him (he no longer had a black beard, I guess he was feeling brave).
Nothing ever came of it-
The dog paid Rocky no mind at all.
We left amd ROcky was fine.
I refused my friend's request to put the dog away because Rocky has to realize that others can be around me. Perhaps my father caused this behavior?
Rocky let my friend hug and kiss him goodnight (second person outside of my family I let hold Rocky- what is wrong with me?!) LOL
Rocky is now home, sound asleep~

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
When i first started reading this i was betting myself you would blame your dad lmao 🤣 (I'm being truthful to).
SOOOOOOO Rocky's the jealous type ...... 😉🙂

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I know it's my father's fault because Rocky has been around dogs before and hasn't paid them any mind. In fact, we spend Thanksgiving with a dog present and Rocky could care less about it. The dog even jumped up toward us while sitting. Rocky sat calm as if he wanted to stick his tongue out like nah nah nah nah nah nah

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
All three of my girls go after our dog 🐕 it's hilarious. (He is a big scaredy cat 🐈 and runs from them) I stuck Sweet Pea on his back a couple weeks ago, she seemed to find it amusing, Scooby ran like Satan himself was after him lol. (And the girlfriend scolded me lmao)

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom