Rocky is hiding....

Rocky got up, had basking time, ate, basked-window time then went into the office and hid. I let him stay for 10 minutes but I got concerned.
I just brought him to the enclosure. The lights are off the temp is 82. I am going to watch him for a minute.
His beard is fine, he ran around a little.
I read that some beardies like to brumate in the summer.
I am thinking I should cut the lights on but I closed the blinds too- it's not dark but it creats the environment he was making in the next room.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I cut the lights on but didnt open the curtains because he's walking around looking like a lost puppy. Now he is deciding if he wants to bask. I am just going to let his mind wander. He has places to hide in his enclosure. I will keep the TV off in case he wants quiet time. I extended his hand, he didnt want me.
He is looking around as I type- his colors are good-
He just finished a shed. I dont know. Ugh he's basking looking at me.
He is turning his head to the side (yes, we are going through this together(- he's looking at the bulb)
I asked if he was okay- no response other than yellow beard so we are good.
I wiggled my toes- he was all about it.
I am not going to worry but I feel better with him in the enclosure.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
okay I just read other posts, this is totally normal. They find spots, snuggle up and take a nap.
Geez, I dont need to worry about every changed behavior...or do I?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Na, you over think it some 😉
You said you wiggled your toes and he was interested, that reminded me of a funny thing that happened to Christina.
Christina and I were in a pet store in Florida. They had a friggen huge turtle 🐢 that free roamed. It was always friendly. On this particular day however it started stalking her all over the store. I finally went and asked the lady at the register what the heck. She asked me if Christina was wearing open toed shoes 👞. I said as a matter of fact she is. She then asked me if she was wearing blue or red nail polish. She was. The lady laughed and said the turtle thought her toes were berries and was trying to snack on them. (Everytime we went back after that she wouldn't go in if she was wearing open toed shoes lol)

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom