RI or Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question on whether this looks like she is going into shed or possibly the start of an RI. My local vet says they can do bearded dragons but their office mostly does dogs, cats, and livestock. They have done a couple fecal tests and found worms and gave me stongid t to treat which helped. My dragon was fine this morning and I just noticed this after I got off work today. Just slightly concerned since she just shed her body and tail about a week and a half ago.

Basking Temps range from 95 to 110 at the highest point and cool side in the 80s. UVB is t5 10.0 thats 3 months old. Eating today was the same as usual consisting of calciworms mixed with mustard greens in the morning and dubias and a 3/4 inch horn worm at lunch all of which were devoured.

Video Link (to powerful to attach):

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Just a question on whether this looks like she is going into shed or possibly the start of an RI. My local vet says they can do bearded dragons but their office mostly does dogs, cats, and livestock. They have done a couple fecal tests and found worms and gave me stongid t to treat which helped. My dragon was fine this morning and I just noticed this after I got off work today. Just slightly concerned since she just shed her body and tail about a week and a half ago.

Basking Temps range from 95 to 110 at the highest point and cool side in the 80s. UVB is t5 10.0 thats 3 months old. Eating today was the same as usual consisting of calciworms mixed with mustard greens in the morning and dubias and a 3/4 inch horn worm at lunch all of which were devoured.

Video Link (to powerful to attach):
Looks like shed coming on - she's stretching the beard- where do you have your T 5 placed top of screen or inside the tank ? Screen will play a part in where the placement is for the uvb

SilentArrow9

Original Poster
Looks like shed coming on - she's stretching the beard- where do you have your T 5 placed top of screen or inside the tank ? Screen will play a part in where the placement is for the uvb

The uvb is on top of the screen covering 3/4 of the tank with multiple different places to lay at varying distances from the uvb with the tank being 11 1/2 inches deep. Its a 20 gallon tank and i've got a friend building a 4x2x2 enclosure to move my dragon into once its done which will then be mounted inside the new enclosure.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is a great video of her bearding, stretching out her beard like that. I agree, she is most likely
getting ready to shed. That is what they usually do when they are trying to get ready to shed on
the beard area.
Is the rest of her body looking like it is going to shed?
I don't think it seems to be a respiratory infection at all. Are your temperatures optimal for her in the
basking area?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The uvb is on top of the screen covering 3/4 of the tank with multiple different places to lay at varying distances from the uvb with the tank being 11 1/2 inches deep. Its a 20 gallon tank and i've got a friend building a 4x2x2 enclosure to move my dragon into once its done which will then be mounted inside the new enclosure.
Ok so the 4x2x2 tank the UVB will need to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor

SilentArrow9

Original Poster
Hello,

That is a great video of her bearding, stretching out her beard like that. I agree, she is most likely
getting ready to shed. That is what they usually do when they are trying to get ready to shed on
the beard area.
Is the rest of her body looking like it is going to shed?
I don't think it seems to be a respiratory infection at all. Are your temperatures optimal for her in the
basking area?

Tracie
👍 this is the first time I've seen her shed. The last 2 times she's shed it's been while I was at work so I didn't get to see it. Her body, tail, and feet have shed over the past week and a half or so. Her head is pretty grey in comparison to her body. Temp wise it says between 95 and 110 on the hot side varying slightly based on the outside temps. She can get within several different distances from the heat and uvb as needed. I'm in arkansas and right now the weather is freezing one day and 70 the next and bouncing all over the place with some crazy weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom