Relocation stress.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
We had Nova in a 40 gallon aquarium type tank and she's now in a... 60 gallon(?) AP Cages tank. The sides and back are no longer see through and we come through the front of her tank, instead of the top. As well, she's on the other side of the room now and she has been... stressed. Running back and forth, beard black and just doesn't seem happy. When we get her out, she just finds a spot and sits. Could it be relocation stress.? The tank was Toothless' before putting him in the 120 gallon tank we have, but Chris thinks his smell is still on the inside of the tank and that's what's freaking her out but she can smell him regardless, they're both in our room, catty corner from each other.

Attachments

• 16763075698378938924301864667158.jpg
    16763075698378938924301864667158.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20230213_115600.jpg
    20230213_115600.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 51

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We had Nova in a 40 gallon aquarium type tank and she's now in a... 60 gallon(?) AP Cages tank. The sides and back are no longer see through and we come through the front of her tank, instead of the top. As well, she's on the other side of the room now and she has been... stressed. Running back and forth, beard black and just doesn't seem happy. When we get her out, she just finds a spot and sits. Could it be relocation stress.? The tank was Toothless' before putting him in the 120 gallon tank we have, but Chris thinks his smell is still on the inside of the tank and that's what's freaking her out but she can smell him regardless, they're both in our room, catty corner from each other.
I would say so give her some time to adjust -- can she see him?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I would say so give her some time to adjust -- can she see him?
Nah, not unless he's on the other side of his tank, face pressed to the glass but he never goes over there really. And she's never been bothered by him, she just stares at him.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Nah, not unless he's on the other side of his tank, face pressed to the glass but he never goes over there really. And she's never been bothered by him, she just stares at him.
Ok then let her adjust --- she will calm down eventually you have all your lighting adjusted and corrected for the 120 gallon tank ? If shes in the 120 gallon tank the UVB needs to be in the tank

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Ok then let her adjust --- she will calm down eventually you have all your lighting adjusted and corrected for the 120 gallon tank ? If shes in the 120 gallon tank the UVB needs to be in the tank
It sits on the lid in a dome right now, but just like I said in my other post, we ordered the Arcadia kit from petsmart that will be here today.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
It sits on the lid in a dome right now, but just like I said in my other post, we ordered the Arcadia kit from petsmart that will be here today.
Ok so I gave you placement and distance for the 120 gallon and the Pro T 5 -- the 60 gallon is going to be the same for both placements I gave you for the screen -- but 120 gallon tanks the UVB must be in the tank --

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom