question regarding feces

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey im just curious about this liquid surrounding the urine and stool from my beardie, its present right after he excretes his pooop and he seems to have no problem with his bowel movements, i also noticed a slight red tint to the end of his urine,. just curious if this is all normal i'm a new beardie owner,
here is a photo of his poop,

my.php

here's some pictures of icarus too :)
my.php
day i got him, 6 weeks old

my.php
7 1/2 weeks apx.

my.php
8 weeks

my.php
just over 9 weeks,

icarus is now just over 10 weeks old and 9.5 inches long :)

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Hey-
The pictures do not work. If the poop is well-formed and there is watery stuff around it, that's fine. Just means he's well hydrated. On the other hand, if the entire poop is runny, that's not a good sign and a fecal test needs to be done. Do you feed any reddish foods? Butternut squash tints my girls urates (the whitish part). Sometimes she has a bit of undigested butterworm which also tints it. Strawberries and watermelon can tint urate too.
Sara

Tigg

Juvie Member
Your pics are not working for me...

If you are just looking at the clear liquid that comes out with the stool, as long as the stool it's self looks normal. Fairly hard, encased in a shell almost... then there is nothing to worry about, it's just water from being well hydrated.

Pinkish/Red urates are usually a sign of something amiss with your calcium supplementation... How often are you dusting your little guys meals?

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
In order to show pictures you have to upload them to a photo sharing website.

What are you feeding him and how often are you supplementing him?

injectedink

Original Poster
yeah the feces is all well formed, i guess he's just well hydrated then, just making sure it wasnt anything bad.
i supplement his meals 4 times a week with calcium and twice with multivitamin, i was at one of the exotic reptile stores in the city here and one of the ladys working there told me to put a little pile of calcium in his tank and he goes and has a little dessert after his meals usually,,

and yes i uploaded the pictures to photobucket but i dont know why they werent working,

Tigg

Juvie Member
I wouldn't really leave him to eat just pure calcium... Rather Dust the feeders 5 times per week, only once a day and the other 2 days with multi vits like you have been doing.

When it comes to dusting, think of it kind of like salting your own food. You don't really want to "cake" the bugs in calcium. A beardies body will only absorb as much calcium as it can process, then will excrete the rest out in his uric acid (A.K.A. Urate or white part of stool.) Also make sure you are using a calcium supplement WITH D3 unless you are using a Mercury Vapour UVB bulb (Use without D3 with a MVB bulb) This will also help your little one process the calcium much more efficiently.

injectedink

Original Poster
here i'll try it again,
icarus the first day i got him, 6 weeks -
DSC01027.jpg

8 weeks -
DSC01033.jpg

9ish -
DSC01038.jpg

10 weeks
DSC01043.jpg

and the feces
DSC01045.jpg

sorry about the size if they're big :(

injectedink

Original Poster
i am using a mercury vapor bulb and the repcal calium with d3 supplement, i do also have this t-rex calcium carbonate as well, should i use that instead or stick with the repcal?

Tigg

Juvie Member
Well you having a MVB would expain how he has grown Sooooo much in such a short period of time!! lol The first picture is quite amazing. Cute little guy too! And I really like the name you chose for him!

If you are using a MVB then switch to a calcium supliment WITHOUT D3. Too much D3 can become toxic, and you little guys body will be able to manifest it's own under such a high output of UVB.

Looks like you are doing a great job with him!

BeardieBaby69

Hatchling Member
WOW , What a cutie! Im amazed at how much he looks like Kiku !

0013.jpg

Doesnt she look guilty of something? LOL !

Her poo looks normal to me. He looks AWSOME !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom