Question about UVB when going to the vet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikachu

Beardie name(s)
Emmett
So I'm taking my beardie to the vet tomorrow and I was just thinking if I may need to leave his uvb lamp on for a bit longer to offset the time he'll be without it on our trip to the vet. Is this necessary or will he be okay getting a couple hours less for one day? I don't want to disturb his sleep too much either since I know I like getting good sleep so I imagine he does too. Although getting his uv is definitely more important than keeping a couple hours of sleep for one night, but I guess I'm kind of on the fence about it so I just wanted a bit of advice from some more experienced owners.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
As long as your not taking a lot of his light everyday, then he will be fine:) beardies can last a few hours without a light:)

Raikachu

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Emmett
You should just keep it the way it is
Alright cool. I was just a bit worried about it since some other articles were saying that two days with 0 uv light can cause some very serious issues so I wasn't sure if that little bit would be dangerous as well. I'll just keep him on his usual schedule though. Excluding tomorrow since his appointment is set for the time when I turn his lights on so we both get to get up a bit earlier than normal lol. Thanks for the advice!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hey

Sorry if I didn't answer right away.... But anyways, I'm glad to help! I know a lot of these things cuz my dad grew up with beardies and me and my siblings share our baby beardie(My profile pic) but I like to say she's mine:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom