Question about breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betzmegan

I have a year and a half old female and about a 2 year old male! They have their seperate cages but i put them together for a couple weeks and then seperate them again! But my male does his whole thing with bobbing his head and all that and she does her little wave thing and he then runs after her, jumps on her and bits her neck but that is it! Why? Is he suppose to lift her tale(like rape) or does she lift her tail for him? I was told two different things and need some help with it!

he moves her tail so he can curl under her for say..im not an expert but thats what mine did..the only time i got to witness it the other times i wasnt home..it seems my dragons like to be alone with no interuptions for there mating..so maybe they are doing it and your not see it...just my opinion

jharris08

Juvie Member
yea its very possible that copulation could have occured even though you have not seen it happen. sometimes the mood just has to be right for the female to accept and let the male lift her tail. If you still think that they have not mated, then I would suggest separating them to where they dont even see eachother for a couple weeks, and then put them together. I have done this and the very first time they seen eachother they copulated right there on the floor. hope you get a gravid female soon.

may i also suggest that u have good lighting...asoon as i put mercury uvb bulbs on my encloser bam it happend next moring..i have also heard of people take the male and female out and placing them on the floor with flood lights on them and that would trigger it..but in my opinion i would say they will do it when they are ready.and if they arent then no matter what ya do its not gonna seem to help..hope i helped ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom