protein supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirby

Extreme Poster
to those with experienced knowledge on nutrition and diet. or those in australia who have used it, or want it ;)

recently,

Ive started using this australian reptile supplement that is used by out native rescue organizations as an extra protein boost for rescue reptiles. its called WOMBAROO Reptile suppliment. its a protein supplement, not a calcium, D3 or multivitamin (although it contains these). you can either dust your vegetables, protein feeders, or stuff your rodents (for snakes/monitors) OR mix with water and feed as a putty like pellet.

my dragons, and amazingly my ackie... LOVE IT. it must taste great, as each of them licks it, their eyes widen with excitment (you know what i mean ;) )and they gorge their faces into the stuff.. i have to be quick and move the spoon away of they'll try take it with them.. the ackie lept out of his cage which is about 4 foot in the air wanting more.. and one of my little rescues licks everything brown, hoping it is the stuff.. much to his disgust he licked a bit of dried poop, shook his head and wondered why something brown would taste SO bad. needless to say, he learnt his lesson and was a bit skepticle when i next offers him the real brown suppliment. LOL

box_front_reptile.jpg

ANALYSIS
Min. Crude Protein 55%
Min. Crude Fat 14%
Min. Fibre 6%
Min. Salt 0.8%

INGREDIENTS
Whey protein, soy protein, met meal, fish meal, blood meal, cereal bran, Lysine, Methionine, vegetable oils, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, vitamins A,B1,B2,B6,B12,C,D3,E,K, nicotinamide, patothenic acid, biotin, folic acid, choline, inositol, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, zinc, iron, manganese, copper, iodine, selenium.

it also has a feeding chart, much like Reta-aid. weight per gram, but also what temperature the animal is being kept at. its available in 250g 1kg an 5kg bags. next time.. im getting the 1kg bag.. lol

WOMBAROO is one hell of a trusted brand in australia. and i realise this was made as a boost for rescues. but for my, soon to be breeding females, and stunted growth rescues.. is it so bad? it has a very protein style smell. probably the blood worms, and meat meal. the ONLY ingredient i don't like is the cereal bran... but i think this is ONLY to keep the stuff together, and give it body.

can you find anything wrong with it?

other then the few times weekly they get a few bites at the tea spoon, i plan to dust their salads with this, calcium D3, and multivit. and offer a few live feeders. considering this has a 55% protein, and the feeders, around 20-30% i have to balance, between the supplement and the feeders, to try equal out my protein amounts in the diet.

Many thanks.
Kirby.

kirby

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
stephenrose06":d84f0 said:
do you have to order it online or do any of the major pet stores sell it?

only in Australia ;).... i think.

i work in a pet store, and i was going through our suppliers and available purchase stock, and after barfing all over the calci-sands and walnut, i found this. its supplied to some vets for WIRES (wildlife rescue) and most pet stores in Australia should be able to order it for you.

i don't think its available online.

Paul.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
I hear rescues in the U.S. use Ensure. I hear that works wonder on sick and starving animals.

stephenrose06

Hatchling Member
that is an option I also read using babyfood might help. Draco eats some but not as much as most young BD's would eat. He poops every day and has got a bit bigger since I got him but still worried

kirby

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
get some REPTA-AID its a very similar product. as well as jumpstart.

these should stimulate his appetite and give him a nutrient kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom