Poor guy threw up all of his superworms!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaurung

There are about 20 semi digested super worms laying in his tank right now. He's very stressed looking, though he seemed fine yesterday. I have a 48/24/18 inch enclosure, reptisun 5.0 that he can get within 5 inches of, 75 w halogen for heat @ proper temp, he's a 6 month old crayola juvenile male who up to this point has had no health issues. I got him from a good breeder, georgia bearded dragons. He sort of eats his greens, but ravenously eats about 15-20 of my vitamin and calcium dusted superworms. He seemed very fat and happy yesterday, and now I just dont know what's wrong. Any help please?? :(

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
He may be just a bit small for superworms - could explain why he's having trouble digesting them if he goes too fast. But he's had superworms before and done OK with them, has he? If so, I would recommend just slowing down the feeding time - give him one at a time and make sure it's chewed and swallowed before moving on to the next. You could also try splitting them into two different feeding times if possible. Also, make sure that he has a minimum of 2 hours to bask after eating - they need the heat in order to properly digest their food.

Glaurung

Original Poster
that may be it. I fed him a little snack last night about 30 minutes before lights out, so he probably didnt get to digest them the way he would have liked. He generally does fine with the supers, he actually becomes ecstatic when i pull out the tub of worms to feed him! He's feeling better now but I can tell he's a little sick of superworms right now since he's refusing to eat them at the moment.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
We cant just give chimera all his cricks at once.. he will grab one and another and another before hes finished swallowing the 1st one...we have to feed him 1 at a time slowly hes sucha piggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom