Polymeric sand + Flagstones for substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catwu20

Beardie name(s)
Ginger
Hi guys,

I was thinking of upgrading my substrate to tile, but I was afraid poreclain tile would be too slippery and unnatural for my beardie. I was trying to find textured slate tiles, but they are so hard to find and typically not bumpy enough.

I was thinking I could put some stone pavers/flagstones in my tank, and seal the gaps with polymeric sand. It is this product, and promises a sand-like texture but none of the looseness:
https://www.lowes.ca/product/paver-sand/oldcastle-ts-polly-sand-ez-sand-gray-159-kg-ca-730707
I am hoping that this will provide the texture, and maybe the difference in tiles heights will provide a little enrichment for my beardie. I was wondering, is this product safe for beardies? I'm concerned about fumes/sand looseness. Do you think my overall setup idea is a good idea?

Thank you all very much! :D

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Try textured slated ceramic tiles - here is a piece of mine that I got for my two tanks -- they are coarse enough for traction but smooth to not cause abrasions - I got it at home depot
97951-666388767.jpg

catwu20

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ginger
Try textured slated ceramic tiles - here is a piece of mine that I got for my two tanks -- they are coarse enough for traction but smooth to not cause abrasions - I got it at home depot
97951-666388767.jpg

Karrie, I can't see the photo you attached, can you send me an imgur or google drive link?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Karrie, I can't see the photo you attached, can you send me an imgur or google drive link?
My apologies to all about that. I'm working at a more efficient way to migrate the images from the old User Image Uploads tool. When I finally get that done, all posts will be updated to work with the new method for uploading your images into albums.

For now, @KarrieRee , if you wouldn't mind re-uploading the image directly to the thread, that will help. You can now do direct uploads to posts by either clicking "Attach files" or the "Insert image" icon just above the editor (which will place them inline and let you resize as you need).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom