Please help! Beardie ate styrofoam

Lottielynne

Beardie name(s)
Lizard skynard aka Ricky Bobby
I got my baby in October of 2021 when I was working at petsmart. No one wanted them and they had been there for awhile. My then boyfriend got him for me as a gift. Petsmart obviously doesn't teach you proper beardie nutrition or anything properly whatsoever. He is around 18 inches long. Lizard skynyrd has taken a Bite of the Styrofoam plate I was holding and swallowed before I could get it out of their mouth. I was spiked in the process but they continued to eat the cucumber and other veggies I was giving them. Their abdomen seems very rounded no temperament changes have happened yet (they're currently eating as I'm typing no problem) the vet wasn't really any help. What should I do?? Wait for it to pass? They hate soaks and I don't want them to freak out because what if it starts hurting them?? What should I do??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How big a piece ? Just feed + hydrate him as usual and it should pass through. Keeping food in his gut will help it move along the digestive tract.

Lottielynne

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizard skynard aka Ricky Bobby
How big a piece ? Just feed + hydrate him as usual and it should pass through. Keeping food in his gut will help it move along the digestive tract.
Just the size of his full bite. Maybe like an inch or so he chewed it so it's in smaller pieces. He's still acting fine, should I move him into my room (he's in the living room currently) to watch him closely or would that stress him out. Is there a certain food that would help push it out ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He'll be fine where he's at. Just feed him plenty of veggies and maybe a slightly smaller portion of insects. It should all come out after a few days or a week or so..

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom