PLEASE CAN SOMEONE WITH Brumation EXPERIENCE PLEASE HELP ME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockymountain

Hatchling Member
Hi Everyone,

I sent an email to denise who put the brumation information together for us but I have not heard back from her. Here is what I am seeing with Roxanne.

She is 9 months 1 week
Two weeks ago she started digging in the corner of her viv and was NOT interested at all in eating veggies, fruit etc. She was still interested in eating worms and roaches. I was told that if I withheld the worms and roaches that if she was hungry she would eat her veggies etc. Well on Sunday she was acting lathargic so I fed her all the meal worms and roaches she would eat (maybe 20 small meal worms and 3 roaches). After this I put her on her basking spot to help her with her food.

I checked on her today to make sure she is alive. She is !! Thank god....So today I decided that since she hasn't pooped since eating that it was inpairative that she does so I took her out to bathe her and she pretty much slept through her 1/2 hour warm bath. Once turning her head to give me the beardie glare. I put her back on her basking spot to dry off well and about an hour later she went right back under the leaves and hasn't moved since. She did NOT poop for me today.

I think I've read that it's impairative that they get all the food out of their stomach before going into full brumation.

1. Should I continue to bath her until she does and then what?
2. Bath her once a week to keep her hydrated?
3. Should I continue to let the uvb and night heat work on the timer?
4. Is she brumating? :study:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Patty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom