officially a slave

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think i earned my badge the other day. i put in about 30 crickets in Prana's tank, and he ate the first 5 or so that were within reach of him. all the crickets were on the other side of his tank in no time, so i blew down into that side and the crickets would run away toward Prana. it was only then, that he would eat the crickets. once they got away, he never moved, just sat there looking at me waiting for me to do it again. he ate about 50 crickets this feeding (they were smaller than normal, better small than too big), and i had to stand there the entire time luring the crickets toward him. i can't complain tho, i enjoyed it. :mrgreen:

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
I literally just finished doing the same thing! Blowing and chasing them with my hand so they would go towards my beardie!
:whip: :whip: :whip:

leann

Juvie Member
Yep......I have to do the exact same thing...except with worms......he comes chasing them

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
oh my god! i have to do that with my boy.
he wont chase them, he just sits there and waits for me to push them over to him.
haha, its rediculous. but its okay, if hes happy, im happy :D

Eric_Dragonkeeper

Hatchling Member
Ashleabdlover":8c142 said:
oh my god! i have to do that with my boy.
he wont chase them, he just sits there and waits for me to push them over to him.
haha, its rediculous. but its okay, if hes happy, im happy :D

They get so spoiled and only eat the close ones. lol "can you push that over here for me?"

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I love it.... mine does basically the same thing however, I have yet to scoot the crickets to them. He/she just sits there and waits for them to come within reach.

Just now I got the glare of "where are the rest of my crickets?"... I'm out - only had 5 for his/her breakfast.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Speedy's starting to do the same thing. If she's really, really hungry then she'll chase them down, otherwise she waits for them to come within her head.

The new one I've only had for 2 weeks, this evening only chases crickets when she's hungry. She's starting to do the same thing that Speedy is, waiting for the crickets to come to her, unless it's in the am and she's really hungry.

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
I've said this before in other discussions, but I really need to start recording Mango's feedings. The other day, I decided to take everything out of his viv before feeding. I dumped in a few crickets and he went after them!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: It was like a "who's who" of the fastest beardies in the land! :laughhard: I started cracking up! Of course at that point, he gave me a glare as if to say "What!? I'm hungry in here!" :laughhard: I was thoroughly impressed. I have a 20 long tank. He went after a medium sized cricket, which jumped :blob5: at just the right moment to escape to the other side of the tank. In the blink of an eye Mango sprinted (teleported) to the cricket and gobbled him instantly. I didn't know he could move that fast.

Epic

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i'm glad i'm not the only one who got suckered into this. lol. i don't hve to do it as much now. when 15 minutes is up and i'm taking out the extra crix, little houdini sees that i'm taking them and starts chasing them down again. we sometimes have a race for the crix. lol. i like to see how big his belly is when he's done. he just drags that thing around everywhere he walks! :lol:

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
I have realized that Mango's gusto about eating crix depends on what other insects I have fed him recently. If I feed him something else like worms or roaches, he practically starves for a few feedings of crix (eating only a few) before he'll finally just give in a chow down on them (the crix). I fed him worms the other day (he ate 3 hornworms) and he hasn't eaten right since, well...until I hand fed him crix all day today. This seems to work great, but part of the fun of feeding is watching him chase them down.

Ashleabdlover

Hatchling Member
ive noticed my girl is starting to do that too!

yeaterday, she seriously was like not eating at all (crickets)
and so i hand fed her some pheonix worms and she ate them right away.

she finally did end up eating the crickets, but only cause im guessing she got really really hungry.

some people tell me that they've seen their beardies jsut completly stop eating crickets and then they gave them roaches and they would just eat that.

i hope that doesnt happen. i'd die before i had a box full of roaches in my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom