Not Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
I am proud to say Shenron is doing awesome, except for one tiny detail. The poor guy looks like he has doughnut powder rubbed all over him. Now, this means he's about to go into a nice shed, except that it's been two weeks and he's only shed small bits and pieces. Shenron doesn't seem any different than usual, just a lot more cranky, but his sheds normally don't take this long. Is this normal or is this a cause of concern? If so, is there anything I can do to promote the shed?

He is in a 45 gallon breeder, sifted playsand substrate, a Zoomed 150 watt spot basking lamp, and a ReptiSun 10.0 that was just replaced at the beginning of last month. He is on calicum supplements (the powder as he doesn't seem to take to the liquid anymore) and is defecating on time.

Thank you.

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I've been giving him at least two baths per week, but I'll up that. I'll have a picture up in a moment. However, because he is shedding, he has a good amount of stress marks on him (which tend to go away as soon as he's in the bath).

Edit: Actually, I'm out of batteries. The picture will have to wait. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom