Not poopin on vacation…

JohnW61622

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
El Jefe
So we went on vacation sat morning for a weeks at the beach. My BD went potty the morning we left but hasn’t since we’ve arrived at the house sat evening it’s now Tuesday… Should I start to worry about him not going? He is eating normal has access to water and I’ve been given him bits cucumber to help get water in him. Temps are slightly lower than I want at 93.but I don’t think it’s that I’ve even add a heating pad under temp enclose for adder warmer but he doesn’t really use it. He’s been gapin and very few stress lines But still no poo or urine.. how many days can he go like this he normally goes every 1 to 2 days max

JohnW61622

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
El Jefe
So we went on vacation sat morning for a weeks at the beach. My BD went potty the morning we left but hasn’t since we’ve arrived at the house sat evening it’s now Tuesday… Should I start to worry about him not going? He is eating normal has access to water and I’ve been given him bits cucumber to help get water in him. Temps are slightly lower than I want at 93.but I don’t think it’s that I’ve even add a heating pad under temp enclose for adder warmer but he doesn’t really use it. He’s been gapin and very few stress lines But still no poo or urine.. how many days can he go like this he normally goes every 1 to 2 days max
@AHBD could you maybe tag a few for opinion please

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi John, this is not a problem for a sub adult-adult dragon so I'm sure that Mushu will be fine. Change can sometimes affect them that way or even the opposite way [ nervous diarrhea ] Just let him get back to his usual routine and he should go soon. :)

JohnW61622

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
El Jefe
Hi John, this is not a problem for a sub adult-adult dragon so I'm sure that Mushu will be fine. Change can sometimes affect them that way or even the opposite way [ nervous diarrhea ] Just let him get back to his usual routine and he should go soon. :)
Hey thank you so much it has deff been puttin stress on our vacation worrying about him. We go home In 3 days max maybe tomorrow if we get hit by this hurricane. He seems pretty relaxed not showing much stress lines and really enjoys his window time looking at the beach. Is it ok to still feed him normal? Or should I cut back till we see a poo?

JohnW61622

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
El Jefe
Window time :)

Attachments

• IMG_1612.jpg
    IMG_1612.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 46

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, the warmer temps often prompt them to poo so the spa treatment was a success. :)

For anyone reading this and wondering about the hot hands heat packs, always wrap them in a towel so they don't come in contact the beardie because they get VERY hot and can burn any animal.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom