Not Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOTO

Hi Guys, my Kramer has not been eating much the past few days. He stopped eating crickets and veggies. He will eat an occasional meal worm every so often. This is been going on for the past 5 days. His Bowel movement seems to be fine, just about every other day. Kramer is about 3 years old. I have in a 55 gal. breeder tank. basking side is at 100 degrees cool side 80 deegrees . I use a power sun 10.0 mercury vapor bulb and a repti glo 10.0 This all started happening as the weather started getting colder. I find myself adjusting the height of the bulb to properly get the right basking temperature. I use a digital thermometer w/probe. I've been adjusting the bulb dailyis for the past few days do to the drop in temperature cold weather / windy. Is this normal is anyone else doing this?. I also heard that beardie's go into a brumation stage is this the right time of year and does that effect their appetite. Your help and suggestions are appreciated.

thanks
Enzo

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
So, you're using a MVB and a Repti-Glo, is that a coil, compact or strip fluorescent? With a MVB, you don't actually need a 2nd UVB light. There have been multiple problems with coils and compacts and also with the Repti-Glo 10.0 fluorescent, so no matter which one of those you have, I would suggest turning it off and see how your beardie is in a few days, then we can go from there.

TOTO

Original Poster
ok thanks, the repti glo 10.0 compact 26 watt bulb is on the cool side just for lighting purposes. Is it ok to keep one side with no light? I was under the assumption that the entire tank had to be fully lighted at all times. Taking the reptiglo out would have approximately 1/2 of the tank in the shade. Also at night time I use a zoo med ceramic heat emitter on one side of the tank just to keep the temp warm during the winter months.

thanks
Enzo

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you want light on the cool side, you can use the same holder you have the compact UVB in, take that bulb out and replace with a low wattage household lightbulb like a 25 watt. If that raises the cool side temp too much, you can pick up a compact energy saving household bulb (non-UVB) and use that instead. But, please remove the compact UVB.

TOTO

Original Poster
OK Thank you. I appreciate the info. I'll let u know how is doing in a few days.

TOTO

Original Poster
Still eating very little, only eats meal worms morning and evening. Not very active except when he eats. I hear during this time of the year they tend to hybernate and tend not to eat much is this true ? should I be concerned ? thank you in advance for your help

toto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom