No longer receiving in-app alerts

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
The title says it all. I recently posted a thread on the ‘break room’ about the progression of my monarch butterfly rescue and have received support from other users but nothing showed up in my alerts box. I’m not sure if it is a bug or something, but it started early Friday morning.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The title says it all. I recently posted a thread on the ‘break room’ about the progression of my monarch butterfly rescue and have received support from other users but nothing showed up in my alerts box. I’m not sure if it is a bug or something, but it started early yesterday morning.
I have not been getting emails either on my desktop

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I have not been getting emails either on my desktop
Oh- it’s not emails I no longer receive, the alerts when someone replies to my threads or when they react to my threads aren’t coming in. I heave emails personally turned off

All my alert settings are turned on, but I didn’t get an alert when you replied to this.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Oh- it’s not emails I no longer receive, the alerts when someone replies to my threads or when they react to my threads aren’t coming in. I heave emails personally turned off
I use email alert and I am not getting them

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I've ever only gotten a few since i joined this forum.
If someone sends me a direct messge i see that or if something i post is marked a solution i see that, anything else usually doesn't alert me.
At times threads I've replied to or posted don't show up on the new tab when someone else comments on them also.

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
If someone sends me a direct messge i see that or if something i post is marked a solution i see that, anything else usually doesn't alert me.
At times threads I've replied to or posted don't show up on the new tab when someone else comments on them also.
Ok,

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
When I have some time, I’ll check into each of your settings for notifications. I do get both alerts and email notifications, but then again, my email gets delivered to the same server that runs the website. But there are logs for emails so I should be able to see if there are delivery issues. Usually those come up as errors I’m notified about so I doubt there’s an issue with email itself. It again, when I get a moment, I’ll dig into each of your settings.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
@J4ckdaw-
I see that there are alerts in your alerts list (bell on upper right). Is it that you’re not getting some? Or not getting any? What I did notice is that for some reason, you did not have a watch set on this specific thread. If you don’t have a watch on a thread you create you won’t get notified. I do see that you’re set for alerts only and not email, tho, which I think you intended. I left the settings as is, except to add the watch on this thread.

@KarrieRee
You seem to be set to get alerts, and emails… I also saw alerts in your list that were recent, and emails that have regularly been sent to you. Is there something more specific that is not going out?

The only thing I can think is that the disk space on the server was filling up a little (not critical, but enough to cause errors for one of the components). It’s possible that component is used for alarms, although, I thought it was only part of the search interface. I’m compressing logs and making room on the server now. That has actually been going on for about a week now (around Aug 29).

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
You have only had a few alerts (in the upper right) or notification emails?

Do you have some specific examples? I can try and see what may be going on. I seem to always get alerts and email notifications for threads I’m watching…

Oh… UNLESS you ignore the prior email notification. If you do not go back to viewing the thread after one notification, the system will not notify you about subsequent replies. That’s so people don’t get flooded, and should they want to just ignore a notification, they will stop being bothered by replies on a thread.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Oh I'm all good. I've gotten used to the way it workes so i just roll with it lol. I just chimed in because I'd seen some of the odd behavior. Thank you though 🙂

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
@J4ckdaw-
I see that there are alerts in your alerts list (bell on upper right). Is it that you’re not getting some? Or not getting any? What I did notice is that for some reason, you did not have a watch set on this specific thread. If you don’t have a watch on a thread you create you won’t get notified. I do see that you’re set for alerts only and not email, tho, which I think you intended. I left the settings as is, except to add the watch on this thread.

@KarrieRee
You seem to be set to get alerts, and emails… I also saw alerts in your list that were recent, and emails that have regularly been sent to you. Is there something more specific that is not going out?

The only thing I can think is that the disk space on the server was filling up a little (not critical, but enough to cause errors for one of the components). It’s possible that component is used for alarms, although, I thought it was only part of the search interface. I’m compressing logs and making room on the server now. That has actually been going on for about a week now (around Aug 29).
The issue is I’m only receiving very few alerts, on my other posts I have gotten several replies but haven’t received alerts for it whatsoever. I checked my settings, I have alerts toggled on so I don’t know what the issue is anymore.

I’m trying to set it so I will receive alerts but not email notifications, despite this I am still receiving emails of ombré alerts I receive AND replies to my posts that don’t appear in alerts. I don’t think I’ve changed anything recently, I wasn’t receiving emails before.

How do I set a watch on my threads? I haven’t had to do that before the issues began,

Thanks, beardie

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Well, I still don’t know why on-site alerts aren’t working in some cases…

But some of you may have noticed that I fixed the email notification issue. Again…. Sooooooooo sorry about the flood.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom