night light????

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey as some of you may know nessie has joined our familey... she has fitted in very well. i was worried at first about her eating greens but today and last night she was having a right good munch of some and even today ate from me and her food bowle YEAH
i have been looking at old threads on this site and was trying to find more info about night lights... i was thinking of a blue night light as i am worried that her viv might cool down once we are in bed, but i read on a thread that she needs total darkness.... i would like your thoughts as to weather this is a good idear for heat and ref the light aspect...

look foward to your thoughts thanks victoria and nessie (BD)

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
I would check the thermometer during the night once it is cooler, and if you find it to be too cold, you could do a few things to keep it warm in there. One would be a ceramic heat emitter that has no light, but keeps it warm in there (which screws in like any light bulb into a fixture), you also could put a heating pat in there IF you mount it on the side near where she sleeps so it will put off some heat but she will not be laying on it, or if you do decide to put it on the bottom of the cage, make sure there are blankets over it and tucked well so she can not dig and lay on the pad itself. There is also under tank heat pads but i would still make sure the cant find a way to lay on the glass directly.

They do need darkness at night. Turbo sleeps soundly when his lights go out even if I still have any lights on in my room. Maybe I'm just lucky, but he is out cold once its bed time and he is almost difficult to wake up. Some of them though, get disturbed if there is any light on during "bed time" so be careful of that, cause like us, they need a good nights rest as well :)

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Mine goes to sleep watching TV. I'm one of those people that has to sleep with the TV for a few hours before I can completely go to sleep. Lindy doesn't mind it at all but then he's had it that way since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom