New rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grace789

We are the owner of a 6 month old beardie we got around the holidays, who is doing wonderful. He tends to be a little skittish but I chalk that up to his still being young. He gets a lot of attention. I am hopeful as he grows he may be more recepitive to being held. He is quite the devil however LOL.

So tonight I get a call from my daugther, stating, "I need to ask you a question, I am at So and So's house and his brother had just abandonded this beardie. Can I bring her home? Of course being the sap I am I agree to this. By the way she is 22 years old and is in training to be a vet tech so she is old enought and mature enough to take care of this poor thing. Well first she brings the tank in the house. They were using a walnut shell substrate which immediately stresses me out as I use paper towels in our young guys tank. So worried about possibel impaction!. This cage is filthy. It is obvious the substrate has not been changed in months. There is poop all in it and old pellets. She (at least I think she is a she), is filthy, underweight, and just looks wiped out. Off to the grocery store goes my daughter to pick up more veggies/greens and I get to work. scrubbing that tank clean!! Daugther gets home and it bath time for the old girl. So laid back in the sink as she is getting cleaned up. Then she breaks my heart as she starts to drink the water and keeps on drinking. I can't imagine how thirsty she was. After a nice soak the dust is off her and she is starting to look better. We wrap her in a towel and she literally spent the next hour on my daughter's shoulder and then mine. She ate quite a bit of salad and about 3 crickets and some wax worms. She seems like such a sweet thing. She is about 24" long or so. Not quite sure of how old she is. Next step is a call to the vet for a through check up. I hope she stays sweet. My heart is breaking for this love bug.

The funny thing is the little guy, AKA, Darwin sees her from his cage and boy did does he perk up. It was almost like he was saying "Who is the big lizard coming into my home". What a character!

I did notice her beard kept changing to black. I am not sure what that is from. Not sure if it stress or just something normal. Also she had no calcium light when they got her so I am sure that was not helping her situation.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). That is so nice of you to take her in :). I would say that she is probably stressed out. It a couple days her beard should stop being black

Grace789

Original Poster
Thanks Brittani. She slept well last night and was just getting up when I left this
AM for work. A little slow on eating but I am glad she went to
The bathroom today. She was head bobbing at our little guy and he was "waving" back.
Too cute!!

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Just saw this .... do you have an update on your dragon is doing? I would love to know how your girl is doing!!!!

Grace789

Original Poster
Actually we think she is a he. LOL. He is doing great. He is going through a crazy shed right now. Eating crickets and worms like a little piggy. Still super sweet and affectionate. The only things that concern me is that he is super picky when it comes to his veggies. Does not eat them like our our baby beardie. I keep putting them in his food bowl every day but it is very rare when he does eat those. I am assuming maybe because he did not get veggies before and with him being older he is set in his ways. But I will keep encouraging him to eat them. My other concern is he does not move his bowels every day where our little guy is the mad pooper. The rescue only seems to go once or twice a week.

He seems happy and he is really a great addition to our family. We just love him to pieces.

Thanks,

Grace

Grace789

Original Poster
Hey Brittani,

I am thinking he is at least two years old just because of his size. I have very little history on him as far as age goes. He was left alone in a house for quite awhile. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom