New owner help welcome

Instigator437

Beardie name(s)
Tokey
image.jpg

This is my current setup for young beardie. I’m going to get a tube uvb light as I’m hearing the coil uvb aren’t sufficient. Also what substrate should I use for him. Was told sand could cause problems for smaller beardies. Any tips are welcome I am fairly new to dragons but had Lep geckos.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
that uvb upgrade is critical for health and should be done as soon as possible. i use non adhesive shelf liner for substrate. super easy to keep clean.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 83180
This is my current setup for young beardie. I’m going to get a tube uvb light as I’m hearing the coil uvb aren’t sufficient. Also what substrate should I use for him. Was told sand could cause problems for smaller beardies. Any tips are welcome I am fairly new to dragons but had Lep geckos.
A Zoo Med 24" fixture w/ a Reptisun 10.0 T5 bulb or a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb 24 watt found at Pet Smart - or a Sunblaster Nano Tech are good UVB's -- please let me know if you need links - please get two digital probe thermometers - the probe is the only way to get accurate surface basking temps off of hammocks

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
i've got the arcadia pro T-5 12% placed inside the enclosure because i have a solid top. i use a long grape vine under it that is angled from the floor to high up on the side of the enclosure. takes the guess work out of distance placement and gives a wide range of options for him to choose from.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
With a baby, stay on top of hydration. Theirctemos are higher(105-110) andcyhey can dehydrate faster than oldet dragons. An eye dropper is an easy way to offer water. Just drip it on his snout. Soaking and misting absolutely does not hydrate them, them have to drink. Be careful not to give wster to fast go at his pace and never force it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom