My Beardy Roxy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3XBEARDY

Hi everyone i just purchased a 3 year old bearded dragon and when i seen it and talked to the guy he told me she was 3 years old... i belive him its just the beardy is smaller than my 8 month old beardy.... he told me he fed it 5 crickets a day and pellets and leaves... i just wanna know if she is still gonna grow and if she is able to breed since she is small.. please post comments i need some help guys please :) Thanks everyone!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
First......
Hello & Welcome to BD.org!
And.......
:blob8: Congratulations on the New Beardie! :blob8:

Pic's are more than welcome. Hint...hint! :wink:

What are the measurements of your new beardie? Tip of nose to tip of tail? Weight?
Beardies do most of their growing within the first 9 months to a year. By a year they have usually reached or
at least very close to their potential length. However a beardie will continue to put on girth for sometime. :D

3XBEARDY

Original Poster
thanks for the post... i just measured her she is about 14-15 inches long... the guy told me he has had her for over 2 years and she is tiny i am going to try to get a picture of her

3XBEARDY

Original Poster
k guys i hope this works!
3XBEARDY

3XBEARDY

Original Poster
thanks for that :)...anyways thats here shes in a 20 gallon right now and thats how big she is and the guys has had her for over 2 and a half years he said shes about 3! and shes that small?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay I know pic's can be deceiving sometimes but if she's in a 20gal viv I'd say she looks rather small for sure. I don't think I'd consider breeding her as with her being so small she could have difficulties. Poor little girl...bless you for taking her in. Has she always been in a small viv (previous owner)?

Even though she is small you should look into getting her a 40gal breeder for more space. :)
One more question...forgive me for asking, but I have my reasons....Is that play-sand or calcium sand?
I ask because if it is calcium sand I want to tell you that is some bad stuff.....I know the package says it is digestible but it's not. :(

Roxy is a pretty girl though regardless of size. :D

3XBEARDY

Original Poster
yeah it calcium sand :(... and do you think she will get any bigger... im giving her calcium with her crickets unlike the previous owner did... and shes eating 12-15 crickets a day now so thats better :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
No I don't think she will get any longer she will however with a good diet put on girth. Sorry but they do most of their growning in the first 9 to 12 months she is 3ish well past the age of putting on any length.

Are you using a multivitamin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom