My beardied hasn't pooped for a almost 3 weeks, I'm worried that she has impaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my beardied is about a year old. In the recent months, she has been popping less and less frequently (1 to 2 weeks at first, then its reaching almost 3 weeks). I'm worried that she has impaction.

I'm not using any lose substrates, there's nothing wrong with the tank setup (temps are correct, she basks a few hours a day). Her diet is mainly dubia roaches, sometimes a bit of mealworm, very little super worms, and I put a fresh bowl of greens in her tank everyday (though I'm not sure whether she touched it or not).

She looks healthy to me, and its definitely not brumation since my country isn't cold at all. Still very active, jumps around to prey on food, walks fine, and looks fit to me. I couldn't tell whether she has sunken eyes or not, so I've posted a picture here. I'm just wondering, does dehydration or parasites affect bowl movement too? Does impaction afffect appetite? Thanks.

IMG-1318.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, my beardied is about a year old. In the recent months, she has been popping less and less frequently (1 to 2 weeks at first, then its reaching almost 3 weeks). I'm worried that she has impaction.

I'm not using any lose substrates, there's nothing wrong with the tank setup (temps are correct, she basks a few hours a day). Her diet is mainly dubia roaches, sometimes a bit of mealworm, very little super worms, and I put a fresh bowl of greens in her tank everyday (though I'm not sure whether she touched it or not).

She looks healthy to me, and its definitely not brumation since my country isn't cold at all. Still very active, jumps around to prey on food, walks fine, and looks fit to me. I couldn't tell whether she has sunken eyes or not, so I've posted a picture here. I'm just wondering, does dehydration or parasites affect bowl movement too? Does impaction afffect appetite? Thanks.

View attachment 69766
Yes to dehydration and parasites--- how is she getting water? Usually they get it from the salads shes eating - I would get her some horn worms and some BSFL -- use them to lure her to the salad bowl - BSFL are another staple feeder feed as many as you want - you will need a bowl like glass or ceramic w/ sides to keep the BSFL in as they are small so order large ones- the hornworms grow very quickly and you can feed those like 2 at a time put them in the salad bowl as well -- it is not uncommon for them to start pooping less and less but you do want her eating salads and getting hydration hornworms are good for hydrating

Charmander Father

Original Poster
She usually gets water from gut loaded insects (i gut load my insects with fruits, greens, and other vegatables like carrot), and I sometimes spray water on her (she hate baths). I tried many ways to feed her greens but she just turns her head away like she hates it :cry:

Unfortunely, BSFL and hornworms are not avaliable in my country, and many overseas sellers don't ship to here (i tried those eco fresh ones but she doesn't seem to like it). The only feeders I can buy are crickets, mealworms, superworms, and dubia roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom