My Baby Bearded Dragon Fell

kurt.

Beardie name(s)
Randy
My baby bearded dragon fell from almost 3 feet high he seems to be doing ok so far. I gave him a worm and he ate it with no problem. When he fell he was walking normally and right now he is currently basking. Also, I don't notice any injuries. I didn't see how he fell or how he landed so I was just wondering if I need to take him to the vet.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My baby bearded dragon fell from almost 3 feet high he seems to be doing ok so far. I gave him a worm and he ate it with no problem. When he fell he was walking normally and right now he is currently basking. Also, I don't notice any injuries. I didn't see how he fell or how he landed so I was just wondering if I need to take him to the vet.
Watch for a black beard -- if he starts w/ one he could be in pain --- watch for his normal activity the next few days- how did he fall? We recommend that you dont bring them out when very young they think they are superman and try to jump to everything - please let him acclimate to his tank and surroundings and work on hand taming him in the tank - please make sure your husbandry is up to par w/ surface basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good UVB No coils please they are inadequate and if any of this is off he will stop eating -- if you have more questions please ask or if you need help

kurt.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Randy
Watch for a black beard -- if he starts w/ one he could be in pain --- watch for his normal activity the next few days- how did he fall? We recommend that you dont bring them out when very young they think they are superman and try to jump to everything - please let him acclimate to his tank and surroundings and work on hand taming him in the tank - please make sure your husbandry is up to par w/ surface basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good UVB No coils please they are inadequate and if any of this is off he will stop eating -- if you have more questions please ask or if you need heltha

kurt.

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Randy
Watch for a black beard -- if he starts w/ one he could be in pain --- watch for his normal activity the next few days- how did he fall? We recommend that you dont bring them out when very young they think they are superman and try to jump to everything - please let him acclimate to his tank and surroundings and work on hand taming him in the tank - please make sure your husbandry is up to par w/ surface basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and a good UVB No coils please they are inadequate and if any of this is off he will stop eating -- if you have more questions please ask or if you need help
thank you so much. He fell off by slipping on accident and he hasn't had a black beard yet. thank you for the tips I really appreciate it.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom