liquid calcium

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdchip

how do i give liquid calcium? it says .1cc per 100 g. the droppers i have say 1ml which i know equals 1cc but what do i give if my dragon is 530 grams? how many times a day should he get it? he is sick and i was told to give him this. symptoms include trouble walking and sitting on joints. already been to the vet its not mbd.

also what about my other healthy animals? can they get it too? how much? anyone know any good websites please post.

THANKS

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So how do you know it is not MBD? If he is having trouble walking & sitting on his joints then he is obviously having some issues. Did the vet do an x-ray or bloodtest on him?
At his weight, he will need .53 cc of the liquid calcium daily. Continue with it as long you need to & until he shows signs of improvement & for awhile longer.

Tracie

bdchip

Original Poster
i know its not mbd because the vet said so. no i havent got bloodwork done yet. i think you suggested the liquid calcium. how much is that tho
i dont have a dropper with cc's on it only ml. how many times a day? what about my other animals can i give it too them too? how many times?

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
you give him 0.53ml, so half a syringe. You should be giving it once a day. Tracie will need to answer the other questions!

Nikki

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, how did the vet determine that it was not MBD? That is not normal for him to have trouble walking & to sit on his joints in that manner. Did the vet do a blood test or just look him over? Sorry, just trying to determine how the vet came to the conclusion he did not have metabolic bone disease or at least calcium issues when he is having problems walking, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
I recommend giving only once daily right now, so on a regular syringe, .53 cc is a decent amount for him. It should greatly help his joints & strength out. Go to a drugstore & you should be able to get the plastic syringes from behind the counter.
You can give the liquid calcium to your other animals if you would like to but it needs to be properly dosed. Liquid calcium is great stuff, it is just stronger than the powdered supplement so less is needed.

Tracie

bdchip

Original Poster
i havent got blood work done bc i dont have money right now but i just got a job and get paid soon then i will get bloodwork but vet looked him over he doesnt have really any symptoms of mbd. he eats and is active and doesnt really have trouble walking he can do it but he just looks a little weak. no swollen joints no crooked ness in spine no rubber jaw.

how many times a week can i give it to my other animals. once a day according to body weight? i have another beardie thats in good health and is about 11 months old and an ig that is about 1ft and a half long prolly around 8 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom