Lights outside of Enclosure

Zucchini

Original Poster
We are trying to set up a light station outside of our Beardies enclosure. Our Beardie has everything she needs in her enclosure but if We are home she wants to be out with us. So we are worried she isn't getting enough uvb. My Husband works from home so she is out 4-6 hours a day.

Would you use a mvb or a T5? Our home is always 75 or warmer. Should we offer heat too? We wanted to set up something under this plant stand because it's her favorite spot.

We would welcome any suggestions.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20230812_131317.jpg
    20230812_131317.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 91

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We are trying to set up a light station outside of our Beardies enclosure. Our Beardie has everything she needs in her enclosure but if We are home she wants to be out with us. So we are worried she isn't getting enough uvb. My Husband works from home so she is out 4-6 hours a day.

Would you use a mvb or a T5? Our home is always 75 or warmer. Should we offer heat too? We wanted to set up something under this plant stand because it's her favorite spot.

We would welcome any suggestions.

Thank you
Cooperdragon has set ups around his house I am going to have him respond to your questions
@CooperDragon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I would use the mvb for that. It's less hassle and with it not being in the enclosure the heat will disperse faster so it can be close enough for effective uvb.
I agree @CooperDragon is the best to ask though.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
MVB on a lamp stand is a good way to go. You don't need to worry as much about heat gradient with the large open space so set it at a good height for UVB output and she'll move around to get what she needs. I hope she enjoys being able to roam around and look outside. She may have a tendency to find a dark corner and fall asleep so just be sure to block off areas you can't reach easily to fetch her. Normal room temps won't be harmful to her as long as she's got basking spots available. The MVB should be enough, but if you want to add on to the setup you could put a plain basking lamp nearby in case she wants heat with no UVB. I've found that sometimes my guy prefers that so I offer both.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom