Knot on breaded dragon

jenyoung

Beardie name(s)
Lizzie
Our beardie has a knot come up on her back (where the shoulder blade is) several months ago. We thought it was her going to shed or skin built up at first. It started out small and seems to be getting bigger. She act perfectly normal and it doesn’t seem to bother her at all. Has anyone ever had this on their beardie?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 62

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Our beardie has a knot come up on her back (where the shoulder blade is) several months ago. We thought it was her going to shed or skin built up at first. It started out small and seems to be getting bigger. She act perfectly normal and it doesn’t seem to bother her at all. Has anyone ever had this on their beardie?
We need some others on here to take a look going to flag your post to them ---- in the meantime what are you using for a UVB? coil or a long tube fixture?
@AHBD
@Drache613

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's hard to know for sure what it is. It could be anything from a benign growth, cancer, or a bone spur on the shoulder blade. Only way to know for sure would be to schedule a vet visit and get an x-ray done to see if it is a bone spur.

Is your dragon able to move the limb without pain?

It's definitely not retained shed.

-Brandon

jenyoung

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizzie
It's hard to know for sure what it is. It could be anything from a benign growth, cancer, or a bone spur on the shoulder blade. Only way to know for sure would be to schedule a vet visit and get an x-ray done to see if it is a bone spur.

Is your dragon able to move the limb without pain?

It's definitely not retained shed.

-Brandon
Thanks for responding. Yes, she moves without pain. If I touch it or push on the spot, it doesn’t seem to bother/hurt her at all. She just sits still like she doesn’t even notice.

jenyoung

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Lizzie

Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Reptile Lamp - 17w. I removed the screen where the bulb is located.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well it's very doubtful the UV bulb you're using caused any issue, and replacing it wouldn't fix this issue anyways. You're going to need to get her checked out by a vet.

Please keep us updated.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom