Jack :)

Crinkle-Cut

Beardie name(s)
Jack
Hi! I've been viewing these threads for a few years now, and finally decided to join up.

My old man, Jack, is 11 to 13 years old.

Before I post a photo, I think he needs some background because he has had one hell of a life, and he certainly looks it.

I adopted him in 2019, from a lady who was heartbroken to let him go, but simply needed to emigrate for work. I took a lot of advice from her, because she really loved him, but later learned that a lot of her care was harmful.

He had been housed together with his hatchlings for too long before she even adopted him, so was already missing some toes. He was then co-habitated with a much larger female who denied him food, leading to stunted growth and MBD that made him grew up to be quite odd looking. He also had gingivitis for many years before I got him leading to stubby little teeth, but I love him with all my heart.

His eyes seem far too big for his head, which is quite narrow. His one arm is essentially fused at the wrist, and regardless of what I feed him, he doesn't seem to fill out anywhere other than his fat sacks. He's quite a special, grumpy, old man.

I've been terrified to join and post him on this forum because of how small and odd he looks. I've also had to adopt unconventional husbandry practices to keep him healthy in his old age, because he's developed a few hangups that make traditional husbandry incredibly stressful for him.

Okay... here he is!
IMG_20210130_113955.jpg

He has had a very hard life, and I'm happy that I get to make it comfortable in his old age.

Like I said, I've been terrified to post him, so I just want to make it clear that he does have an extremely qualified vet who he sees regularly!

I'm excited to finally be a part of the forums!

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_170124.jpg
    IMG_20210219_170124.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 23

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Welcome! Here, on the forum there are a lot of rescued dragons and some had a very hard life before they got into a home where they are now loved, but that makes them more precious to all of us :love: You did the right thing by writing this post, you probably have a lot of experience that you can share! And Welcome again!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! I've been viewing these threads for a few years now, and finally decided to join up.

Before I post a photo, I think he needs some background because he has had one hell of a life, and he certainly looks it.

I adopted him in 2019, from a lady who was heartbroken to let him go, but simply needed to emigrate for work. I took a lot of advice from her, because she really loved him, but later learned that a lot of her care was harmful.

He had been housed together with his hatchlings for too long before she even adopted him, so was already missing some toes. He was then co-habitated with a much larger female who denied him food, leading to stunted growth and MBD that made him grew up to be quite odd looking. He also had gingivitis for many years before I got him leading to stubby little teeth, but I love him with all my heart.

His eyes seem far too big for his head, which is quite narrow. His one arm is essentially fused at the wrist, and regardless of what I feed him, he doesn't seem to fill out anywhere other than his fat sacks. He's quite a special, grumpy, old man.

I've been terrified to join and post him on this forum because of how small and odd he looks. I've also had to adopt unconventional husbandry practices to keep him healthy in his old age, because he's developed a few hangups that make traditional husbandry incredibly stressful for him.

Okay... here he is!
View attachment 87817

He has had a very hard life, and I'm happy that I get to make it comfortable in his old age.

Like I said, I've been terrified to post him, so I just want to make it clear that he does have an extremely qualified vet who he sees regularly!

You looking out for the best interest in jacks health-- please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them and uvb - these are crucial in jacks health and we can help you get him to where he is thriving- for him to have lived as long as he has he is a resilient one -

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra

Okay... here he is!
View attachment 87817

Welcome to the forum. Your boy is gorgeous 😍 he is lucky you took him in to. I have 2 recues myself so I know 1st hand how neglected they can be. Even if we can't "fix" all their issues we can definitely make sure they feel love and loved. Anyone that rescues an animal out of a bad situation is a hero in my book!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom